Charlotte reached for Benedict's hand, and once she grabbed it, she squeezed it as tight she could, making it hard for him to suppress a laugh.

"Oh, my dear Colin," Charlotte offered him her free hand, he placed his over hers, and she squeezed it lightly. "What an important announcement, indeed."

"Alright, come on. Let's give some space for more people," Benedict couldn't believe how strong Charlotte's grip could be. With one last smile at the new engaged couple, the two walked to the side, and out of hearing from everyone else. "Since when did you start gripping people's hands like this?"

"Like what?" She frowned.

"Like a gladiator!" He whispered-yelled at her.

"You are the first I have done it to, my love," she sighed, and kissed his palm before letting go of his hand. "And have you not met my mother? Clenching my fist was necessary to avoid yelling at her face every time she lectured me about perfection."

"Imperfection is perfection to a beautiful perspective. And you are, perfect to me, in every way, love," he spoke softly with a smile, and sighed in frustration when she locked eyes with him. "Not showing you my undeniably display of affection in public is killing me."

"If you will not do it, then I will," she smiled, grabbed his hand once again, and kissed it. Again. "Is that better?"

"Let me see..." He smirked and pressed his lips on her cheek. But she lightly jumped when she felt his hand on her lower back.

"Calm yourself, Benny," she whispered and chuckled. "Since when did we grow this desperation for each other's touch?"

"Are you saying you are as desperate as I am, my love?" He asked her with a smirk, which made her blush and look away.

"You two," the Viscount approached them, and he did not look pleased at all. "You cannot seriously approve of this."

"And what if we do?" Charlotte chose to tease him to light up the mood, but failed miserably.

"The look on your face says otherwise, Char," Anthony stated and looked at his brother. "Their engagement could easily compromise yours, and not for the better. The attention must be on the second eldest Bridgerton, who is soon going to become a Duke, and is marrying a Princess! Not on Colin and a  young lady he barely knows, and has not even attended five events since she arrived."

"Do not be so hard on him, Anthony," Charlotte stated, and sighed. "He– Well, he seems to be enjoying himself."

"He's being a fool," he said firmly.

"You are making a scene, Brother," Benedict said with a discreet smile on his face. "I say, let others have the attention. Certainly, Charlotte and I have had enough already."

"We are announcing our wedding date in two weeks anyway," she said and placed her hand on the frustrated Viscount's shoulder. "I understand your concern for your brother and your family, Anthony. But at the moment, the last thing we need, is Lady Whistledown remarking the unpleased and disapproval look on the eldest brother of the new groom's face."

ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Bridgerton House, London

The next day, Benedict and Charlotte were in the library, with Martin looking after them this time, while they sketched. They were in silence, sitting in front of one another, each of them focused on their sketch.

Then, Benedict looked up at her. She felt his gaze and looked up, and smiled.

"I love talking to you, even if I have nothing to say," he said with a small smile, and she chuckled softly.