𝓮𝓵𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷

Start from the beginning

Maya walked into the dining room, immediately catching sight of the small group of friends sitting at the table chatting and headed towards them. She spotted an odd pair, Beatrix and Riven, both chomping on the same apple and Maya nearly gagged at the moment.

It was strange to see Riven being with someone else, but Maya had no right to argue, specially since she and Riven were basically nothing.

She reached the table without maintaining her gaze towards the departing couple, laughing amongst themselves and lazily took a seat nearby Bloom, "Good morning ladies." The girls smiled at her in regards.

"I have a question. Since when it was cool to be a nerd?" Terra began to speak, everyone's interest riveted on her, "I mean, don't get me wrong. It's great. Amazing. Power to the nerds!" She swung her hands pretending to cheer, "But now it's cool to talk about fairy history?"

"What?" Bloom asked with the same bemused look the other fairies had.

"Well, like, you know, i...i like school. I like getting good grades and reading alone with a cup of chamomille, but no one shares a frickin' apple with me, even though..." she grimaced in revulsion,"Gross."

"Beatrix?" Terra nodded before carrying her rambling.

"I don't get what the difference is between her and me." She glanced at her folded hands unconfidently, "Why is it working for her?" Maya gave her an impetuous smile, reaching for her hand, while Musa abruptly leapt from the table.

"Uh, actually, i have to go. Sorry."

Maya wrinkled her eyebrows at Musa's hastiness as Terra pressed on, "It's okay. I know why, really. It's because she drinks and smokes and looks like her, and i'm.."

"You are Terra and you are beautiful in your own way," Maya admitted, smiling soothingly at her.

"Why aren't you envious?" Terra asked sharply, musing on the conversation from a few nights ago as Bloom edged her head up curiously with a light uplifting grin upon her lips, "I mean, I know he's not your boyfriend and you're nothing, but you like him-"

"I never said that!" Maya interposed her, "I swear, Bloom back me up!" Bloom giggled, lifting her hands in the air and shaking her head.

"I have no part in this."

Maya shook her head with a mock look of transgression as Terra addressed the redhead, "How are you? How is the search for the memory lady?"

"Stalling. Does your dad happen to have any old yearbooks?"

"Oh, maybe." Terra replied, nodding her head, "I would have to get them myself, he's been so busy with Silva and your brother," she looked at Maya, whose posture tensed at the mention of her brother, "I don't want to bother him."

"How are they?" Bloom asked in authenticity, giving Maya a pious once-over.

" Like shit." Maya straight-facedly retorted, "Mum and Dad are on their way and I don't know...I think they're not looking great."

"I can't imagine how hard it is for you, and Sky too. They were close." She glanced at the table grimly, then back at the two girls wondering, " Have you seen him today? Sky?"

"Your Prince Charming?" Maya giggled playfully, Bloom becoming almost as scarlet as her hair.

"I only asked because I'm concerned."

Terra and Maya exchanged a brief look with each other, then erupted in fits of crazy laughter at Bloom's blatant falsehood, disregarding the queer glimpses from the folks nearby.

"Does anyone know how to do a good cat eye?!" Terra called out from the bathroom as Maya was sprawled on the lounge sofa in the suite wolfing down crisps and browsing instagram on her phone

"Does anyone know how to do a good cat eye?!" Terra called out from the bathroom as Maya was sprawled on the lounge sofa in the suite wolfing down crisps and browsing instagram on her phone. She reared up and groaned with her mouth full of chips and made her way to the bathroom, Bloom and Aisha coming out of their rooms and following after her.

Maya shrieked in terror as she walked into the bathroom, but upon realising it was Terra with eyeliner all mussed up around her eye, wrinkled her lips to keep from giggling at the mess she was in; not that she looked any better in comfy sweatpants and a oversized hoodie with her hair tied back into a haphazard knot.

"I've done like fifty tutorials and this is what i get." Terra lamented, "What does Huda Kattan have that i don't?"

Bloom and Aisha sat her down and then took the cotton and lathered her with make-up oozer, "Talent." Aisha jeered.

"Taste." Bloom added in.

"Style." Aisha once again commented.

"Millions of followers." Bloom ended as Maya questioned, not catching on to who it was.

"Wait, who is this Huda Kattan?"

Terra groaned loudly, the others all chuckling in return.