𝓷𝓲𝓷𝓮

┊✧*。 ✯┊💫⋆✧*。 ┊
COZEN | 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆
-ˋˏ ༻🌙༺ ˎˊ-
❝ 𝔞𝔯𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔩𝔨𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔪𝔢? ❞

┊✧*。 ✯┊💫⋆✧*。 ┊COZEN | 𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒆-ˋˏ ༻🌙༺ ˎˊ-❝ 𝔞𝔯𝔢 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔰𝔱𝔞𝔩𝔨𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔪𝔢? ❞

"You're insane

"You're insane." Aeden placed his coffee on the table, eyeing the girl in front of him as if she had lost her mind, "It's too dangerous."

Maya puffed in response, tapping her fingers impatiently on the table, "Look, no one cares where Lark is, but I do. He's my brother, and if he's in danger, then I want to do everything I can to avoid it."

"You're talking about going beyond the barrier, overnight!" Aeden craned his head closer reproachingly, "We don't even know he's really outside the barrier, maybe he's hiding because he wants to be left-"

"A whole day." Maya retorted snidely, huffing in disdain, "Yeah right."

"What if we tell Dowling? Perhaps she might help..." Aeden hinted, flicking his index finger over an obnoxious chunk of hair that lay on his forehead.

"I don't think Dowling would really bother that much," Maya suspended, laying her cheek on her palm in deep thought, dismissing the gawks and chatter among the other students, or at least attempting to.

"You're beneath everyone's radar, and yet..." Aeden dipped his head, his eyes quizzical and expectant, "I don't know a thing about what happened."

"Can I explain it to you in a less crowded place?"

Aeden simply nodded, Maya picking herself up from the table and walking out of the diner, Aeden treading beside her, "People are so fucked up." Maya sulkily grumbled, squinting her eyes to the floor as they strolled where their toes led them.

"Then?"

"I had class today at the Circle of Stone. To sum it up, everyone had to approach this rock and show off their skills. You should have seen them!" She swished her hands in the air, her ocean wide eyes gleaming in fascination, "They were all so good and their powers, so cool. They were so adept, like they had no problem using them, and then it came my turn." The glint in her eyes was substituted with a gloomy hollow, "I couldn't do anything Aeden, nothing. I was worthless, I'm not as strong..." her lips started to quiver as Aeden grabbed her hand softly squeezing it, Maya reciprocating the hold, "..and I relived something terrible."