𝓼𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷

┊✧*。 ✯┊💫⋆✧*。 ┊
COZEN | 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏
-ˋˏ ༻🌙༺ ˎˊ-
❝ 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔫𝔨𝔰 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔫𝔲𝔪𝔟𝔢𝔯 ❞

┊✧*。 ✯┊💫⋆✧*。 ┊COZEN | 𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏-ˋˏ ༻🌙༺ ˎˊ-❝ 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔫𝔨𝔰 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔶𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔫𝔲𝔪𝔟𝔢𝔯 ❞

Maya dug her phone out of her pocket to see if she could get in touch with her brother, sending him a text to check if he was alright; she found a seat on a nearby bench and settled down, crossing her legs, expecting to hear back from Lark

Maya dug her phone out of her pocket to see if she could get in touch with her brother, sending him a text to check if he was alright; she found a seat on a nearby bench and settled down, crossing her legs, expecting to hear back from Lark. She felt a peculiar vacuum within her belly, an enlarging emptiness that was beginning to worry her, and in her distress she began to chew her nails.

It was a bad habit, one that her mother didn't shrink from reprimanding her for, but one that Maya still couldn't shake; Lorelai had gone so far as to suggest that she would put hot pepper in her nails so that she wouldn't gnaw on them, which ultimately proved to be a vain attempt to break her of it; however, it's not that simple to break a vice.

Suddenly her mobile phone began to ring, Maya raised her head in anticipation, but furrowed her brows at seeing an unknown number, "Hello? Who's this?"

"Maya? It's Aeden, I swiped your number from Lark's mobile phone since he had left it behind and I didn't even know what dorm you were in. Anyway I called you to ask if you've seen him anywhere because I haven't seen him since this morning."

"What do you mean you haven't seen him since this morning?" Maya lifted her voice grittenly while noting out of the corner of her eye a shadow taking a seat beside her, "weren't you with him yesterday when you left me alone?"

"Exactly! We gabbled and all and went to sleep and in fact I woke up this morning, but his bed was empty. There was only his phone on the nightstand and I-well, I used a trick to unlock it but that's not relevant now."

"Is that your boyfriend?" Riven's cheeky visage loomed over, Maya widening her eyes ever so slightly, nervously shushing him.

"Who's that?"

"It's not import-HEY!" Her phone was pried from her hands, Riven setting it up to his ear with one hand while with the other he poked away Maya who was reaching for it.