Chapter 33: MACUSA has Fallen

Start from the beginning

With that, Harry turned around and walked away from the Aurors in search of something more entertaining. However, it seemed that those idiots didn't want to leave him alone.

"Hey, kid," Reynard shouted after him. "I fear that we'll have to take you with us."

Harry groaned but turned around to stare at them when an idea hit him, and he grinned like the Cheshire cat.

"Okay," he replied overly cheerful though he could see how the four Aurors instantly became wary of him. What they didn't know was that they would soon rue the day they heard the name Harry Potter for the first time.

"What's your name? We can hardly call you kid all the time."

"Harry Potter."

Reynard looked at him a bit surprised but firmly grabbed his shoulder. "I'll go and sidelong apparate you," he said as an explanation.

A sucked through a rubber tube feeling later, Harry found himself standing in a vast entrance hall. On the wall on the other side, a large emblem was embedded with the crest of the MACUSA. In front of that stood a giant statue depicting a phoenix and many people were bustling around.

When everyone landed behind him, they led him down several corridors past offices, a cantina and meeting rooms. However, most people were in the cantina since it was lunchtime. Unknown to his escort Harry used this time for some fun. So he magicked a few potions courtesy of the twins into coffee machines and food. He hexed doorknobs and other things that were likely to be touched or set up whatever else he could come up with. Everything was on a time delay, of course, he wouldn't want to alert anyone too early.

Soon, however, he found himself in a small office sitting in front of a massive desk with stacks of paper littering all over it. At the same time, Reynard took a seat behind it.

"So you're Harry Potter?" he asked carefully.

"Are you sure that you're allowed to question me without my guardian being here?" was Harry's counter-question.

"Your guardian has already been informed and is on his way here as we speak."

Right at that moment, the door to the office opened but who stepped through wasn't a person but a goat with an overly long beard followed by a monkey.

"Uh uh ah," the monkey said obviously enraged while the goat looked at him with an amused glint in its eyes.

On the other hand, Reynard looked at him with a gaze that could have killed, but Harry was utterly unimpressed by it.

"Oh, this is rich, I never thought that Dumbledore was the one you informed," Harry brought out between bouts of laughter.

It seemed that this was the point where Reynard had enough and drew his wand. However, before he could do or say anything, it fell to the ground with a clattering sound because the Auror transformed into a horse. That set Harry off into even more laughter.

"It was nice meeting you, but I think I'll leave now," he said once he cooled down enough. "Oh, and a little parting advice...when you take in the apprentice of Loki the next time...make sure that he cannot hex anything and everything in his reach."

Harry stepped around the goat with a lazy wave of his hand who bleated at him in amusement and left the room. When he stepped out into the corridor, he saw that the entire floor was complete pandemonium. Birds flew around. The proverbial elephant was standing in the room trying not to move too much lest he destroyed anything. Monkeys were racing around in evident confusion and a bit of panic while papers were scattered everywhere.