Chapter 2

I know I publish updates only onWednesday but I thought amidst the sad news of Naagin 5 ending earlier than we anticipated, Veer still suffering from amnesia when their are just two episodes left and finally, the news that they might die (I don't want to believe this till I can *fingers crossed*), I thought to update early. 

AND, I have also updated a bonus chapter in Vanilicious Christmas and Naagin 5 one shots (I know, three updates!!) I felt extra motivated today. These two are Vani romance stories unlike this one which is predominantly adventure and action. 

Recap: Jai and his team tried to kill the Singhanias and weaken Bani using Cheel guru-Shukla's knowledge. However, they did not consider the fact that their information could be wrong and not all Singhanias would be home. Thus, the family survived the attack but Balwant is injured and Monil lost his life. Jai gets fooled by the Dakinis and believes everyone died and Bani has escaped with Meera. Vani and Daksh plan to go track the ancient Cheel-guru while Pawan and Ponky leave to gain more knowledge about jadibuttis as a precaution. Tapish leaves the city and goes in a hide out with Balwant and Meera.

.........................

V: Bani!!!!

Veer caught Bani as she was about to slip from a narrow road into the deep valley. They had reached the mountain range via a friend's private jet, they did not want to risk using their own and anyone getting suspicious. Locating this pahadi had not been difficult but the moment they reached it, they felt like the paths were getting riskier and journey, more difficult.

V: Careful! Please...

B: Haan...mai thik hoon...Hum roop kyu nahi badal lete?

D: Kyunki ye ek khas pahadi hai. Yahan koi bhi prakar ki shakti kaam nahi aati....iske bare me maine kuch to padha tha yahan ane se pehle...ki jo shakti sach me aapki hai, sirf wahi kaam ayegi...aisa kuch to tha.

V: To kya cheel mai udhar me bana hoon? I was born with it!...ugh..

B: Ab ye sb nahi sochte and let's just continue.

Bani tried to motivate them to move forward instead of cribbing about the lost powers but she herself wondered what Daksh's readings meant. They walked for a long time.

V: abhi cheel bankr ek circle lagata and door se hi dikh jaati gufa!

D: Bhai, ab yaha to hum roop nahi badal skte and ane se pehle circle kiya tha na, top pr hi hai

V: Haan to hume udd kr wahi land krna tha direct.

D: aur phir hume guru darshan hi nahi dete, humari pookar nahi sunte

B: Chup kr dono, ye krte, vo krte.....abhi toh hum aa gaye hai na paidal, so chup chap chalo.

Bani showed them her eyes and even though it did not flash red, both gulped and continued without further banter.
........................

Ponky and Pawan reached the beautiful Munnar. They met with an old friend and told them their situation. A part of their work was to gather support. They were yet to know how many nags were with Jai. Hell! They were unsure about Shukla's support as well. Though the information had reached them, there was no guarantee that Shukla had not managed to convince and gather a few. So, they met with old friends and people indebted under their favour. They held powerful positions in the clan, them supporting the prince would mean power.

Pawan: Thanks Felix. Mujhe pata that um sath doge.

F: Don't embarrass me Pawan. We go long back and anyone who threatens our prince, threatens us all.

Pawan smiled while Ponky continued to talk to Felix's daughter, Maria. She was interested in herbs and old cheel literature. Infact, her great grandmother passed her a lot of invaluable knowledge.