✦✧𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 9: 𝕿𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖐 𝖄𝖔𝖚✧✦

We breathed heavily after running so much

"Taxi!" Jinyoung called. He was still panting.

A taxi halted and we hopped on.

"Why were you not at home, so late at night?" Jinyoung asked me.

"Couldn't I ask you the same thing?" I snapped.

"No. Because I wouldn't be stupid like you to mess with them without any backup plan" he said.

He was clearly pissed. His eyebrows were furrowed. His eyes looked troubled.

"You don't know what they were saying. I could not control myself after that" I said looking at him.

I watched him as his jaw tightened and his hands were balled up into fists.

I instantly regretted telling him that.

"What did they say?" He hissed.

"You don't want to know" I tried to stay calm.

He looked at me. His gaze was fierce.

"You think?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Jinyoung, everything is fine now. We are okay. I am okay" I slowly said as his gaze softened gradually.

"What if I didn't go there?" He spoke again.

"Come to think of it, why were you there, so late at night?" I asked him and he looked at me with an expression as if he could not believe what I was saying.

"You really don't care about what could happen to you, do you?"

"Well, it's all over now. I don't want to talk about it anymore."

Jinyoung laughed bitterly but did not say anything.

We stayed silent for a long time. Jinyoung broke the silence.

"I am used to staying out late at night. I was practicing our choreography at a place nearby. I was not there in the college while practicing today. Besides I needed to take my mind off of something."

"Of what?" I did not hesitate to ask as I got a hunch that he was talking about me, about our conversation earlier that day, in the morning.

"You just heard that?" He asked, "You are unbelievable."

I scoffed at him. I did not even want to talk to him anymore.

The taxi reached at our house. We got outside of it. The situation was all awkward between us again.

"Come with me" I said to him.

He turned around to see my face. He seemed amused.

"Where?" He asked.

"To my house" I said blankly.

He did not say anything for a while trying to grasp the situation.

"Look Hana, I think you are upset right now. It still is not a good time. But if you really want me to then I will-"

"Shut up!" I cut his words lifting my hands up,

"I just wanted to treat your wound. Then you will go to your own house."

"Oh" he said and I suppressed a laugh, "Isn't your father at home?" He managed to ask.

"Yes. He is. But he is probably in his bedroom. So he won't notice if we sneak in" I winked at him but I was not sure if he saw that since it was really dark.

I unlocked the main gate of my house. Dad was sitting on a sofa in the living room.

I thought about what might the reason be for all of my bad lucks that day. Nothing was clicking.

Jinyoung was frozen at his place. He might not have imagined to encounter with my dad like that.

"Dad, he is a senior from my college" I said to clear out the awkwardness in the air.

Jinyoung bowed to show respect.

"Where were you till this late?" He said completely ignoring Jinyoung.

"I was" I was stuttering, "I was practicing dance with Jinyoung sunbae for the festival we are going to have at college" I managed to lie.

I could not afford to say that I was off to see mom.

Dad eyed Jinyoung suspiciously.

"What's your name?" He finally asked him.

"Jinyoung" he bowed again.

"Park Jinyoung?" Dad asked, his expression was normal.

"Yes" Jinyoung replied.

"I know your father. Your family have moved in our area just a few days ago" my dad said getting somewhat kind of excited.

"We live right in front of your house" he said, relived.

"I have heard from the neighbors that you are really good kid" dad said and Jinyoung smiled politely.

I was awestruck. Dad had never said anything about me like that. I wanted to ask him if someone said that about me too. But there was no time for small talk.

"How did you get these bruises?" Just then I realized the corner of Jinyoung's lips were bruised too.

I did not see when that happened.

"Dad, he got hurt while practicing. I need to attend those. Will you please excuse us?" I said.

"Sure" he smiled.

I brought Jinyoung to my room and locked the door.

Jinyoung held my hand and pulled me towards him. I stumbled and tried to balance myself by holding the hem of his shirt, on his arm.

"What are you doing?" I scowled at him.

Jinyoung's gaze was fixated on my eyes. He kept looking at me for a while. It seemed as if he were trying to calm himself.

"Will you please tell me what were you doing there so late at night?" He spoke up.

I shook my head.

"I already told you why I was there. It also helped you to give a nice excuse to your fath-" he paused for a bit and I looked down,

"You went to see your mother, didn't you? That's why you made up that excuse."

I pulled my hand out of his hold.

"I don't need to prove you anything" I said being angry and upset at myself for not being able to hide my feelings from him.

He stepped towards me. His gaze softened, eyebrows furrowed.

"I never said that you do" he said with his mellow voice.

It felt like I could finally believe someone.

"I need to attend your wounds" I said and made him sit down on my bed.

I brought a first aid kit and kept it beside him.

"I am sorry" I apologized.

I thought it was needed, also a thank you.

--0--

Make sure to vote please.

A fast update and a thank you for reading it.