Chapter Twenty Six

Morgan's POV

"Okay class form pairs." Our chemistry teacher Mr. Terry announced to the class.

I looked at Jason and as if out of instinct Mr. Terry turned to the both of us and spoke. "Except you two Endo and Valentine, how many times do I have to repeat that?"

"But that's unfair!" Jason and I complained at the same time.

"Enough - Jason go with Jessie and Morgan you go with Hayley." He ordered making me groan.

"Excuse me?" Hayley asked looking up from her nails.

"You heard me miss Duvall, now move I have a class to start." Mr. Terry said before going back to the front of the class.

"You have to be fucking kidding me," Hayley grumbled as she grabbed her things.

"Miss Duvall, language," Mr. Terry told her making the cheerleader roll her eyes.

Jason laughed quietly from besides me, "Yeah good luck with that, dude." He mocked me before leaving to sit with Jessie - I however ignored his comment as Hayley sat by my side.

"You're like a chemistry genius right?" Hayley questioned while she arranged her googles over her eyes.

"I wouldn't call myself a genius in chemistry - that would be in physics, here I know enough to pass with pretty good grades." I checked the colorful chems that were all over the table.

"You better be good because Jessie is a fucking genius in this class and she was my partner," she said paying attention again to her nails.

"Jessie is a what?"

"A chemistry genius, come on keep up Valentine." The blonde responded in annoyance.

There's no way Jessie is good as in chemistry as Hayley is saying. I mean - she asked me to help her with her homework a bunch of times... it doesn't make any sense - but then again who knows Jessie Miller better than Hayley.

I glanced to where the curly haired girl was sat at with my best friend and as if feeling my stare she looked back at me and sent me a charming smile before getting to her work.

Why would she lie about her grades?

Never mind I need to focus on my task at hand, I'll have enough time to think about that later.

I nudged Hayley who was now carelessly scrolling through her phone, "What?" She asked without looking up.

"Want to see a trick?"

She looked up at me with a raised brow, "What kind of trick?"

"Just watch," I winked and grabbed some bottles with chems of different colors. I'm pretty sure these are the sames I used last time - I mean one is blue and the other green... or was it red the last time? Well I guess we'll find out.

I checked to see if Mr. Terry was not watching me and to my luck he was busy with other students. So I put my googles down and mixed the two chemicals - once I did a horrible smell started to impregnate the laboratory - unlike last time when the result was foam.

Oh crap.

"Morgan!" Mr. Terry angrily yelled at me while covering his nose. I could see Jason laughing his ass off in the back. "Okay everybody out now!"

I grinned and turned to Hayley, "See? This is how you cancel class."

"Valentine and Duvall both of you detention today!" Mr. Terry yelled.

"What!? Good job you idiot," the blonde flicked my forehead before exiting the laboratory following our teacher. "Sir please, I can't have detention today I have cheer practice."