003.

LIES AND TRUTHS

Afternoon turned to night but Lucy couldn't sleep

Afternoon turned to night but Lucy couldn't sleep. She stayed awake watching the candlelight fire. She sighed and quietly sat up, grabbing her boots, she took the candle and walked out of the bedroom. She walked silently to the spare room upstairs.

A toilet flushed and out walked Edmund. He saw Lucy walking away and smirked. He then began to wordlessly follow her.

Lucy walked up to the wardrobe door and opened it. The wind from the cold forest blew her candle out. She smiled and walked into the coats, cracking the door behind her.

Edmund opened the door to the spare room and found no Lucy. So, he walked toward the wardrobe calling her name.
"Lucy," he said looking around the room. It was a rather empty room but Lucy was a small girl, she could squeeze into places he couldn't. "Where are you?"
He opened the wardrobe door fast. "Boo!" he yelled. But, there was no reaction. He looked behind him as if she could have snuck away, but he ultimately jumped into the wardrobe closing the door. "Hope you're not afraid of the dark." he taunted. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion as to where his sister had run off to.
He walked forward pushing through the coats when he was met with tree branches. He groaned as he struggled to get past them. He looked at the branches in confusion, his voice picking up volume. "Lucy!" He backed up and was caught in tree roots. "L-lucy!" he yelled right before he tripped over a root in the ground. He fell backward into a pile of snow.
He got up and gasped looking around at the snowy forest.
"Lucy! Where are you?" he called into the forest. "Lucy. I think I believe you now!"

Edmund found the lamp post that looked more warm than it did before

Edmund found the lamp post that looked more warm than it did before. Most of the ice on the pole itself was melted. But, Edmund didn't notice this sign.
He looked at the lamp curiously then walked another way.
He strode through thick snow until he reached a pathway. All the while, he was calling for his youngest sister.

Once on this trail, he heard bells jingling and a whip slashing. "Lucy?" he called. He was pushed out of the way when he saw reindeer.
The sleigh came to a stop and off hopped a dwarf.
Edmund tried to run but was tripped up by a whip.
The dwarf took out a dagger and placed it on the young boy's neck.
"Leave me alone!" Edmund yelled struggling against the man.
"What is it now, Ginarrbrik?" a woman's voice came from the sleigh.
"Make him let me go! I didn't do anything wrong!" Edmund pleaded with the woman's voice.
"How dare you address the Queen of Narnia!" the dwarf-Ginarrbrik- yelled.
"I didn't know!" Edmund cried.
"You will know her better hereafter!" Ginarrbrik bellowed lifting his dagger.
"Wait!" The woman's voice appeared again.
Edmund sat up. He was met with a tall woman with long blonde-ish hair and a white gown. She had a fur coat over her gown and a large crown on her head.
"What is your name, Son of Adam?" The woman asked him.
"Uh, Edmund," he said looking from the dwarf to the woman.
"And how, Edmund, did you come to enter my dominion?" she asked him as he stood.
"I-I'm not sure. I was just following my sister." He explained.
"Your sister? How many are you?" she asked quickly.
"Five," Edmund told her.
The dwarf looked to his Queen.
"Lucy's the only one that's been here before. She said she met some faun called, Tumnus." He told her, unknowing of its meaning. "Peter and Susan didn't believe her, but Emma did. I didn't either."
"Edmund, you look so cold. Will you come sit with me?" The Queen asked the boy with a kind smile.
Edmund glanced to the dwarf and nodded.
When the Queen turned around, the true feeling she felt plastered on her face. Worry and fear.