Part Four

"Did you find them?" Sid asked, referring to mom and Neil who were supposed to have arrived at the expo today, like they told us.

"Are you sure it was the Hilton?" Dewey asked, looking between us two.

"Mhm," She said and we both nodded to him.

"They're not registered there." Dewey looked at us sympathetically, "Could they have stayed somewhere else?"

"I don't know, I guess." Sid said as she rubbed her head for the millionth time. I pulled her hand away from her face and held it in mine.

"Don't worry girls, we'll find them, okay?" Dewey reassured us as he put his hand on Sid's knee.

An officer walked by placing a paper on Dewey;s desk and saying something about the mask. Dewey said he'll "Be right back" as he pushed in his chair and walked off. "(Y/n), what if they can't find (m/n) and dad?" Sid asked in a sad and quiet tone with little sniffles. Smiling up at her the best I could right now I said, "Hey, just like Dewey said, they'll find them Sid. I bet mom and Neil are okay wherever they are." Pushing her hair back from her face she responded, "Wouldn't he want us to know that though?" At this point I just looked away. I didn't know what to tell her. Right when I turned my head is when I made direct eye contact with Billy, a chill ran down my spine and all over my arms. He was pleading to me with a silent voice. "Hey tell em, Sidney, come one, (y/n), tell em!" Billy finally shouted as they led him out of the room. Sid refused to look and see but me? I had a clear view of his pleas for help, part of me felt bad. Right when Billy was dragged out Tatum walked in and right to us. She rushed right to Sid's side holding her close saying, "Oh Sid, I'm gonna getcha out of here. Okay?" Nodding in response, Sid just sniffled and cried a little.
Watching these two in front of me made me realise just how much of a family we really... aren't. I mean the way Sidney might view it yeah for sure, we talk to each other and spend time together but when it comes down to it they'll leave me in the background while they huddle to protect her. If this were a horror movie I know I wouldn't be the final girl, Sidney would. I was pulled out of my thoughts when I overheard Dewey and Sheriff Burke. They're talking about how it's hard to track the buyer for the costume and they won't be able to access the phone account until tomorrow. I couldn't hear anymore after Tatum just groaned, "Ugh come on," as she stood by Sid. I'm really hoping it wasn't Billy, I care about him a lot even if he can be a little... menacing at times. He does his best for Sid and that's all that matters.

"Hey Dewey, can we go now?" Tatum asked her older brother, impatience written all over her face.

"Hold on a second," He said, pointing his forefinger up in our direction.

"What did mom tell ya? When I wear this badge you treat me like a man of the law," Dewey basically whined out to Tatum.

"I'm sorry deputy Dewey boy but we're ready to go!" Tatum shouted in a huff as she gathered her things, "Now, okay?!"

"Uh take 'em out the back way, avoid that circus." Burke said as he patted Dewey's back and pointed towards the back door.

The whole station was laughing at Dewey and Tatum's bickering as we rushed for the doors.

"There she is, Sydney!" Oh well I guess the Devil will always seek you out when you least expect it. "Hi, some night, what happened, are you alright?" Gale asked, shoving the microphone in Sid's face.

"She's not answering any questions alright? Just leave us alone," Tatum said in a tired-of-this-shit tone.

"No no, Tatum it's okay she's just doing her job, right Gale?" Sid smiled and lightly pushed Tatum back towards me.

Judging by her voice, Sidney is about to throw down.

"Yes that right," Gale nodded, still shoving the microphone in Sid's face.