Part One

"Hello, who is it?" I asked into the large telephone.

"No one in particular..." Sounds like another one of the boys' prank calls.

"Okay Mr. No one in particular, any reason for the call?"

"No reason in particular, just wanted to talk."

"Hmm okay then talk," I said as I swiveled around in my chair.

"What's your favorite scary movie?" The raspy but oddly pitched voice asked.

"Oh I've got plenty but you might want to sit down, it'll take a while."

"I've got time."

"Ya know, stuff like Halloween, Friday the 13th, Texas Chainsaw. Then there's creature features like The Thing. B-horror like Slumber Part Massacre or Sleepaway Camp." I finally finish my rambling when I hear my step sister and her boyfriend in the other room.

"Do you really like scary movies?"

"Oh yeah definitely but I think it's mainly because of my step sister's friends?"

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah, I mean I always liked horror but they really got me into it. Especially our friends Randy, Billy and Stu, they're crazy about that stuff!" I said as I flopped down onto my bed.

"What's a pretty girl like you doing with all those guys?"

"They're not a lot of guys, if anything it equals out our group," I said, completely avoiding the whole 'pretty girl' thing... that was kind of weird.

Hearing a knock at my door completely startled me.

"Oh um hey I have to go but feel free to call me back anytime," I whisper into the phone quickly placing it back on the body.

It was obvious the person on the line was saying something before I hung up but I didn't bother to listen

  In popped Neil's head from the other side of the door. "Hey kiddo who ya talking to?" He said as he looked around. "Hm? Oh no one, what's up Neil?" I asked, now back in my desk chair. Neil was a good guy, I'm glad he and my mom started dating, they actually just got engaged! I think I was more excited about it than my step sister, Sindey, she's still grieving. "Just got done talking to your sister, I'm going to hit the sack, remember I'm not back until sunday. Cash on the table and call if you need anything," He said waiting for me to say something. "Alright got it Neil, have fun at the expo!" I waved him off before he closed the door.
  My mom and I didn't move to Woodsoro until she really started dating Neil. It's always just been her and I for as long as I can remember, but it feels good to be part of a complete family again. I missed our old home at first with all my friends and family but Sid quickly took me under her wing. I met all of her friends including Stu, Tatum, Randy and Sid's boyfriend Billy. I'll admit it was weird at first because they just saw me as the little step sister but once Randy and I went on a ranting debate about which was the real pioneer of Slasher; Texas Chainsaw or Black Christmas, it got a lot easier. Even though Stu and Billy were pretty cute I'll never be used to Stu's wild energy, nor Billy's slightly shady behavior.
  The next morning didn't go quite as expected... There were reporters, cameras, and news vans posted up all around school. Sid and I were freaked the moment we got off the bus. She was looking around bewildered by everything going on until we spotted one woman in particular, Gale Weathers. To say the least, Weathers was a total bitch towards Sid's mom's name.

"Can you believe this shit?!" We heard a voice pop up from behind us. Sid totally jumped.

"Tatum, what is going on?" Sidney asks, waving her arm out to the school.

"Yeah, since when was Woodsboro flooded with reporters?" I looked over at Tatum, crossing my arms over my chest.

"You don't know?" Tatum asked both of us, a hint of amusement on her face.

"No," Sid and I said in unison, still confused.

"Casey Becker and Steve Orth were killed last night," She said with a harsh but light tone just above a whisper.

"What?! No way!" Sid softly exclaimed.

I was too shocked to say a single word so I just listened.

"And we're not just talking killed, we're talking splatter movie killed. Ripped open, from end to end," Tatum talked about it with entertaining ease, like it was just gossip.

I think I'm going to be sick.

"Casey Becker, she sits next to me in English," Sid said looking over at her best friend.

I think you mean sat, Sid. I thought.

"Not anymore," Said Tatum with a wobble of her head.

She went on saying, "It's so sad, her mom and dad found her hanging from a tree. Her insides on the outside." Shoving her hands near her stomach.

"Oh my god," Sid said as she reached for the back of her neck, probably to feel the goosebumps that appeared.

"Do they know who did it?" I finally asked, feeling the urge to know.

The two looked over at me with Tatum saying, "Fucking clueless, I mean they're interogating the entire school? Teacher, students, janitors."

"They think someone at school did it?" Sid asked

"They don't know, I mean Dewy was saying this is the worst crime he's seen in years. Even worse than-" Tatum paused when I nudged her side, "Well, it's bad." She finished.

The bell signaling the start of the first period rang.

"C'mon Sid, we gotta get to class..." I said as I lightly grabbed her hand, giving it a slight reassuring squeeze.

"Yeah, alright..." She responded, removing her hand from mine. She's just going through a lot right now.

  Sitting through the first period is weird when you have a seat that was right behind a dead person. Not Casey Becker but Steve Orth. He'd ask me for a pencil or notes every day because he forgot his. Claimed it was because of football practice. Soon enough the five minute bell for next class rang. A class that didn't have any dead students.

  Walking to my locker to rotate my books I was blocked by none other than Stu Macher.

"Hey, (y/n)," He drawled out my name with a big smile, "Whatcha up to?"

"Getting my books Stu, same thing you should be doing."

"C'mon, you're not still upset with me, are you?" He asked with a fake pout

"Yeah actually I am Stu!" I shouted in a whisper

"I couldn't help myself, I mean look at you?" He said as he squished my face.

Swatting his hand away I said, "That's no excuse!"

"You can be such a prude," he said as he leaned his head on my locker.

"No, it's called being a good friend with a balanced moral compass that can see when her friend's boyfriend is about to cheat with her." I huffed as I slammed my locker door.

"C'mon, (y/n)! You can't stay pissed forever! You'll come around eventually!" Stu shouted after me.

"Like hell I will!" I shouted back. No matter how abundantly clear my feelings for him are, I would never do that behind Tatum's back.