"It was never meant to be"

TW - BETRAYAL, KILIING, BLOOD

Summary - Eret's betrayal: Fundy addition

Thank you @WeirdestWriterBirdo and @HeyyheyheeYy for the request!

The men of L'manburg were currently on their way back to their nation. 

Fundy, still invisible with his diamond leggings on, led the way. The fox nervously glanced at his friends and his father, before clearing his throat.

"Men, in L'manburg, I have- I have, uh, grinded for a secret weapon,"

Curiosity spread throughout the group as they wondered what the furry had possibly required that could help them. However, they didn't have to wait long as Tommy immediately started asking questions.

"A secret weapon?"

Tommy's questioning was immediately followed by Wilbur's.

"What is it?"

The father's interest grew as he slightly smiled to himself, happy that his son was finally contributing to the war.

"I'm gonna need you- I'm gonna need you to join me, it's the element of surprise,"

A chorus's of okays were scattered across the men as they continued to question the fox. However, Fundy stayed silent, leading them to the weapon. 

"I feel like Fundy's about to pull out like a massive missile."

The group continued to joke and Fundy tried to laugh along with them to clear any suspicion they had of him. It only partly worked. 

The jokes stopped.

"Seriously, though, what do you mean by a secret weapon?"

Fundy slightly paused as he thought of an answer.

"I have been grinding for equipment, I have been grinding for materials-"

Tommy's loud voice cut him off for the hundredth time that day.

"Show us, show us!"

The rest joined in, only encouraging Tommy's behaviour. Normally, the fox wouldn't tolerate it but today.. It was different. 

"It's this way,"

The joking started up again and guilt started to gnaw at Fundy, However, he shoved it down. Today was not the day to be feeling such an emotion.

Eventually, they reached to where the opening was. Fundy grabbed his shovel and mined two blocks of dirt to reveal a long tunnel.

Everyone voiced their surprise as they made their way into the tunnel.

"Hold shift, everyone,"

They did as they were told, hiding their nameplates to the outside world. 

All of them jumped down the stairs, all of their concern replaced with excitement. Even Fundy was excited, despite his guilt only moments ago.

They all laughed at how ridiculous they looked, hopping down the stairs. 

Tommy started singing an obnoxious tune but immediately broke into laughter. The others joined in, making jokes of their own.

Fundy decided to let them have their fun, if only for a little bit.

The laughter almost caused the guilty feeling to come flooding back to the furry but was swiftly ignored as his father told another joke.

Finally, they reached the room. 

The walls were covered in blackstone and chests were placed around the room, each one holding a sign with somebody's name on it.

"Fundy, what the fuck.."

"What is this?"

"This is- This is the final room. The final control room,"

The fox's voice held a confident tone as the people of L'manburg entered the room, gawking at the sight around them. 

"What?!"

"What does this button do?"

Tommy gestured towards a wooden button which was placed in the middle of the room.

The furry panicked and tried to cover the button with dirt, however, the child pressed it before Fundy could stop him. 

"There's nothing in the chests,"

"Fundy- OH!"

He was cut off as Dream, George and Sapnap came out of the wall, full netherite and charging at them. 

Screams of terror and agony bounced off of the walls as a smirk grew onto Fundy's face.

Some tried to escape through the tunnel but they weren't fast enough.

"A traitor!"

"Fundy, you betrayed us!"

His father's voice echoed through his brain. Was he doing the right thing? Yes.. Of course he was! It was too late to start backtracking now.

"Down with the revolution, boys."

"Wha-"

"It was never meant to be,"

Blood was splattered across the four remaining men in the room as the Dream Team cheered in victory.

"Farewell, gentlemen,"

Fundy made his way out of the room, the new title he had gained flashing across his mind.

He wasn't merely a member of L'manburg, he wasn't just Wilbur's son.

He was the king.