'Father Figure'

TW - A SEXUAL JOKE, CURSING, DADDY ISSUES
CW - MENTIONS OF JSCHLATT

Summary - Fundy tries to decide who the better father-figure was. Wilbur of Jschlatt?

Thank you @EclipseWolf221 for the request!

Fundy walked throughout the remains of L'manburg, desperately searching his mind for any joyous memories he could reminisce on.

Just to forget the TNT. Forget Dream. Forget his father... But he couldn't.

His father struck his mind like a jolt of lightening. He couldn't get his face out of his head.

Letting out a small cry, the fox fell backwards onto the ground, disregarding all the sharp objects he could be laying upon.

Wilbur was great. Despite his constant babying, he was a good father. He supported him, even if he did think it was a 'phase' or 'teenage rebellion.'

But then he changed when Schlatt came along.

Now, Schlatt wasn't that bad in Fundy's eyes. He respected Fundy's boundaries and taught him all he knew. Yeah, he may have a been a psychopath but he was his replacement for Wilbur.

His rebound father?

No... That didn't sound right.

They're planning on bringing one of them back alive. Well, they're planning on bringing Wilbur back to life, Quackity was the only one who voiced that he wanted Schlatt back.

Now that he was properly thinking about it, however, he wasn't sure who he wanted back.

Wilbur was a good father but he constantly belittled and babied him. Then, Schlatt was a good father-figure but he, again, was a psychopath.

He was supposed to want Wilbur back, he knew that.

Schlatt was the sinner, Wilbur was the saint.

But... Schlatt was there for him also, in his own way. Yeah, they were pretty twisted ways, but still.

Heck, even if Fundy did want Schlatt back, they wouldn't bring him back.

Wilbur was their saviour, the founder of L'manburg (yet they ignore the fact that he became power-hungry and threw away the true meaning of L'manburg).

And Schlatt was the evil dictator, who exiled the two most favoured people in the land (and yet again, they ignore the fact that he was fixing a lot of Wilbur's mistakes).

Maybe, just maybe... Tubbo would want Schlatt back.

He was a father-figure to him, also.

Fundy scrunched his face up on displeasure as he wished he had a clear answer.

Everyone else had their views on who their true family was, why didn't he?

The furry let out another cry of displeasure as he kicked the ground beneath him. It probably looked like he was having a tantrum if somebody were to walk by.

Wilbur was a shit father. He didn't treat Fundy like an adult. Not to mention the fact he cared more about his friends than his son.

Schlatt was a shit father-figure. He tried to manipulate Fundy into thinking Wilbur was the bad guy. Not to mention the-

Was Wilbur the bad guy?

Fundy thought back to all the things Wilbur had done.

He sold drugs and when the owner of the server told them to stop, he created a nation.

He was just excited, his old server wasn't aloud drugs.

He said he fought for freedom, yet all he wanted was power.

That was more towards the end when he was stressed and overwhelmed.

When he was stripped of his power, he went insane.

It's not like he wanted to lose his mind.

He blew up L'manburg and then begged for his own father to kill him.

He wasn't in the right mental state to know what he was doing.

Then there were all the things Schlatt had done.

He exiled Tommy and Wilbur.

It was to show them that he wouldn't be challenged for winning the elections fairly.

He taxed people.

The country needed funds.

He got Technoblade to exile Tubbo.

Tubbo was a traitor and he needed to make sure no one else would be.

His dying moments were spent insulting everybody.

He was drunk, high and not in the right state of mind.

It all comes back to that, doesn't it?

Not in the right state of mind.

The realisation hit the furry like a ton of bricks. How could he be such an idiot?

It was obvious who the best father-figure was.

Sighing, Fundy arose from the ground, dusting off random pieces of earth that had stuck to him.

Looking off into the distance, his dodot grinned thinking about all the good times he had had with his father-figure.

The smile he gave him when he had accomplished something, treating him like an adult, even when he did something child-ish and comforting him when he was down.

"Hey, Fundy!"

Eret waved as she made her way over to the fox, trying to sound happy despite the whole L'manburg thing.

"How are you holding up?"

Yeah, Eret was a great father-figure.

The best.