Draco watched her with eyes full of fear and pain, unable to do anything but watch her suffer.
He was as helpless as she was, and even the two of them wouldn't be able to stand up to the others.

It was a failure — it was the end.

"Why are you silent? Don't you have anything to say? Pleas for mercy, excuses, promises to never lie to me again?" Voldemort's last words were almost a whisper as he squatted down in front of Violet, "You didn't think you could fool me, did you? And you certainly didn't think that I would never have known that you lied about Potter's whereabouts, or that you were visiting your relatives, did you?"

Violet felt her nails break as she dug into the floor with all her might.

"Just kill me." The words came out of her mouth, and then a fresh flood of tears came out of her eyes — the thought of her own death did not frighten her, she was afraid of the possibility of staying alive and living the way he wanted,

"You all made a mistake, my mother wasn't the one you needed, the prophecy won't come true, I won't do anything to destroy the world, so just kill me. Kill me already, and do what you need to do, without being distracted by me."

She spoke in a low, hoarse voice, gasping for air and coughing from the pain in her lungs. It was a plea, it was the plea for mercy he was talking about. For Violet, the only form of mercy and freedom now was death, and she begged for it, despite the pain and suffering.

"You're so much more than just a distraction," The Dark Lord's voice was... dark and poisonous, like the worst poison seeping into Violet's brain, "You're just worthless and pathetic. So pathetic that you're begging me to kill you. But you know, it seems reasonable to me," He straightened up, slowly raising his wand in her direction, "You're useless, anyway."

Violet relaxed her entire body and closed her eyes, waiting for the killing beam to pierce her chest and finally release her. She waited with a sinking heart to be reunited with those she had once lost, she waited for the story to end in reality, and not in her head, she waited for freedom, and the road to the place to which she was drawn.

She heard Draco start to take a step towards her, but Narcissa stopped him, she heard the commotion and the noise of voices, she heard Voldemort say the two words that would have ended everything, and then there was the sound of a body falling to the floor.

But she was still alive. Her ears popped from someone's loud scream, and when she opened her eyes, she saw that Draco was lying motionless in front of her, and Narcissa was already on her knees beside him, crying over his body.

Draco had died again — he had given his life again to save Violet, without even thinking.

It was the last coincidence — a repetition of what had been in her illusion, before the green ray finally reached its destination and she lay down next to Draco, falling into an eternal sleep.

As they say, before they die, people see their whole life in a flash — they have the opportunity not to forget, but to remember their whole life in a second, before they get a new one, before they have new moments that they will remember.

And Violet, at the moment when her heart beat its last beat, saw not darkness, but those moments from which her dying consciousness was filled with happiness for the last time.

"I'll always be there for you"

"I'm waiting for you"

"Everything will be fine, I promise"

"Welcome home!"

"Did you miss me?"

"Write a poem about me"

"Your eyes are like a frozen fountain"

"Don't close the window"

"It's just a dream, it's okay"

"Don't leave without me"

"Don't you dare forget me"

"This is the most wonderful sunrise of my life"

"Violet loves violets?"

"Just admit that you can't live without me"

"This will all be over soon"

"Stop laughing at me"

"Your hands are so cold"

"How are you?"

"Good morning"

"Where do you think we'll be in five years?"

"You threw a snowball at me!"

"A thousand times good night, beloved"

"I love you"

And maybe she didn't know what would be waiting for her after her soul left her body — eternal darkness, or eternal sun, but she wanted to hope that at least there would be happiness. She hoped that they would be given a second to completely forget their previous lives, she hoped that they would have an eternity for new ones. 

And as she fell asleep forever on the cold floor of Malfoy Manor, she thought,

"How warm it is at last."