Cat Noir became more flustered than he already was and softly put his hand against his cheek. A smile formed on his face. He loved her so much.

Not much time later, the Dupains entered the living room and greeted the superhero with a smile.

Sabine went over to hug him, which he gratefully returned.

He had never experienced so much love. It made him feel warm and giddy inside.

Tom then came to him with a stern expression on his face. The now oh so small cat swallowed and prepared himself for what was coming next.

However, he was greeted by a strong hug. "Welcome Son!" The baker exclaimed, pulling the blonde close to him.

He was barely able to breathe, but still loved the feeling of being cherished.

"Tom put him down. He can barely breathe." His wife told Tom while laughing. He did as he was told and patted his right shoulder before making his way to the dining table.

Sabine brought enough croissants for all of them and had already prepared some scrambled eggs not too long ago. She also put some orange juice and milk on the table and motioned for Chat to take a seat.

He did, smiling at the woman, and sat next to Marinette.

Her parents sat facing them and started digging in. Chat expected a preach, but it didn't come. Yet...

He also grabbed a croissant and savored its flavor. It tasted so good.

Soon, they chatted with each other like they had known each other forever. They laughed, made puns (Tom and Chat did), and talked about life.

The two men even taught each other some puns and clearly got along great together.

When they all had finished, Sabine softly placed a hand on Chats. He looked up and nodded. They had to talk.

"Sweetheart, we really do love having you here, but you can't stay forever..." Sabine softly said to the blonde.

Marinette laid her hand on Chat's thigh, comforting him. This did seem to relax him a little bit, but he was clearly still tense.

"I get that, and I'm really grateful for your hospitality." He smiled at them, before continuing, "But I'm almost 18 now, and I will be an adult. My father then won't have any power over me anymore, and I should be fine." He told them.

"When is your birthday?" Tom asked, feeling sorry for the blonde.

"Only two weeks. If I could stay with you for that period of time, that would be great. In the meantime, I'll find an apartment."

Tom and Sabine looked at each other and nodded. "That's fine. And after those three weeks, you are also always welcome to come for dinner." Sabine said with a smile.

Tears started to well up in Cat Noir's eyes. He had never felt so loved and accepted. "Thank you so much."

"But", Tom said, raising his finger, "we do have some rules."

Cat Noir immediately nodded. "Of course!"

"Number one. Don't you dare touch my daughter in any way, unless you have her permission." Tom said sternly.

The black cat's eyes widened. "I would never!" He promised.

Sabine jabbed her husband with her elbow and glared at him. He simply smiled sheepishly in reply.

"We know you wouldn't," Sabine told him reassuringly, looking back at the boy.

He let out a sigh of relief. "Thank god. I hope that I don't have that reputation in Paris."