8 • Punishment

En başından başla

She can feel that her skin is ice cold but she can't do anything about it. As soon as the sun came up, all the vampires disappeared in the shadows that made her believe that they are affected by sunlight because yesterday was cloudy and there wasn't much sunlight but today it was sunny.

Clara was the first one who saw her tied and she was a little shocked, a hint of sympathy shined in her eyes but she didn't bother to ask why Rose is tied like this, maybe punishments like this happened here often.

Rose just prayed that Clara will inform Celia about it and she'll take care of Caspian. Rose was glad that Caspian didn't show up. Maybe Celia is looking after him though Rose is sure that Caspian would be giving her friend a hard time. That little boy can't stay away from Rose at all but here everything is different. He needs to become strong only then that little boy can face these monsters.

Rose noticed the rush of humans on the deck in morning time, few were cleaning while other strong looking human males were handling the ship giving her a look once in a while.

The night approached faster than she predicted and along with the night came a harsh cold breeze. Rose was feeling dizzy and weak, she hasn't eaten anything for two days except for that half eaten apple of which punishment she's facing.

"What a pleasant surprise?" Came a voice and her head snapped towards the brown haired guy aka Nico. "Punished on your first day, damn that's a good start." He mused standing a few feet from her.

Rose's eyes swept past him to Ozias who was standing far away staring at her. But Rose gulped when she saw Celia following behind him like a scared kitten as he walked down the stairs with her and they disappeared from Rose's sight.

All Rose could think of was Caspian. She just hopes that he's fine. Nico was saying something but Rose hung her face down so her wild curls could hide her face.

She didn't realise when sleep consumed her drained form. Her body was shaking and her lips were trembling, her skin looked pale and ice cold. She was freezing in this cold weather. Her body was numb and she was extremely hungry.

Rose felt someone undoing her ropes, she groggily opened her eyes to find Clara untying her. "D-don't! H-he'll punish you." Rose blurted out in a croaked voice.

"I was given orders to untie you." Clara mumbled softly and as soon as she removed the ropes Rose's body came crumbling down but Clara didn't let her fall and supported her as she guided her in the warmth of their dungeon like room.

Caspian let out a sob in Betty's hold as he ran to her, hugging his sister and Rose engulfed him in her weak arms. Clara immediately dropped a thick blanket on Rose and brought a warm soup for her.

"Drink it slowly." Clara said as Rose assured Caspian that she was just working and nothing more but the kid wasn't listening.

Rose felt tears forming in her eyes as she drank the warm soup slowly but she didn't let herself cry. She's stronger than this. After finishing it up, she lay there with Caspian snuggled in her arms.

"From next time, I don't want you crying Cas. I can disappear for days due to work and you won't be able to see me, so I want you to take care of yourself in those days and try not to cause any trouble for Celia." Rose told him softly and he nodded his head, humming in response as both the siblings slept wrapped in each other's arms.

***

He hasn't smelled something so delicious and exquisite for centuries. Her blood had this exotic deliciousness to it, that controlling himself is becoming a difficult task at hand.

Not only her blood but the sweet scent that oozes out her whole being is magnificent. He didn't drink from her the night when she stole food, but he surely inhaled her scent and it was enough to trigger his monster. Three days have passed and her scent still lingers in his senses painfully.

The taste of her hot skin on his tongue is still there and all he wanted to do was to sink his fangs in her soft flesh.

"Ozias!" He yelled and Ozias heard the Captain's call and went into his cabin with a knock.

"Get me that redhead." The captain hissed lowly as his golden swirls of eyes shined with a glint to it, which didn't go unnoticed by Ozias..

"Aye Aye Captain." Ozias answered and left to get the girl to face her ominous reality.

" Ozias answered and left to get the girl to face her ominous reality

Vote, comment and share...