chapter 43

sorry this was late, i had to deal with some 🥰problems🥰

song of the chapter: lowlife by poppy

It's been a week. An entire week where Asahi didn't even look in Jaehyuk's eyes. He's been ignoring him. Whenever they'd pass by each other, Asahi would just keep on walking. Whenever Jaehyuk would stop him to speak with him, he'd say he had classes and immediately leaves. It made Jaehyuk frustrated and desperate. he desperately wants so talk to him but Asahi wants nothing to do with him.

Now the reality has finally dawned on him. He ruined it. He wrecked their friendship. Their close, strangely intimate friendship. It made his mind run a nonstop marathon. Thoughts of the situation were always circling his mind. Images of Asahi always randomly popped up in his head.

It made it more frustrating whenever he went to class. His face would go red in the middle of the lecture hall when a picture of Asahi comes up in his head. Even though no one was looking at him, it made things hard.

Jaehyuk knew he messed up. But what part was Asahi mad about? The kiss? Did he say something? Did he piss him off? Or was it just his mood? To be frank, Jaehyuk wouldn't blame him if he was mad about all of it. He just wanted to know what he did. Because surprisingly for him, he really missed Asahi.

He was sitting down at a diner in a table on his own. The sun has been up for only a few hours. He figured going to get breakfast at a diner would brighten up his mood. But he just sat there with his elbow propped on the table so he could rest his hand on his fist. He stared into the void as he thought about Asahi.

A waitress walked up to his table with a notepad in hand. She wore the yellow diners uniform and put her highlighted hair up in a ponytail as she chewed on a piece of gum. Jaehyuk side-eyed her and looked back forward to dwell in his thoughts. She looked up at him with a smile, but he didn't turn her eyes to her.

"Are you ready to order?" She asked with a chirpy voice.

"Do you guys serve hot chocolate?" He muttered as he looked forward.

"Yes we do." She answered with a nod.

"I'll just have a hot chocolate please." He said. She clicked her pen open and flipped through the pages of her notepad.