21: skater boy

"𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐥 𝐦𝐞, 𝐰𝐚𝐥𝐤 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲,"

~🌙 ~

Eun Hyerin

"So you've been figure skating for a long time?" I pondered. I took a sip of my iced coffee and watched Sunghoon talk about his past. His eyes lit up, but his voice was shy. Every now and then he would run a hand through his hair nervously. I tried not to react, but sometimes I would giggle at how it would mess his hair up. 

"Have you been in your father's business for long?" he asked me. 

"Ever since I could understand the economy and business. About 6 years. I'm not officially employed, but my opinions matter the most to my father. He built this company for me and my mother and when she passed he didn't want me to feel excluded," I explained. I went on a bit more about my part of the business.

 It seemed like an hour of me just speaking, and in reality it was. Sunghoon was intrigued like the good person he was, but was he that interested? Maybe not. Truthfully, there wasn't much more to me than that. I was a business woman in the making. I never ventured out to be the teenager I was supposed to be. My life was my father's business. As much as I hated it, I needed to do it. If not for my father, then for my mother. 

"It sounds like you haven't done many outgoing things," his voice trailed off. 

"Unfortunately, yes," I sighed seeing at how weak the conversation was now, "If I could change that then I would." 

"Then let's do it!" Sunghoon grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the coffee shop.

"Park Sunghoon, where are we going?" I spoke out as we ran.

"Somewhere fun," 

We ran, hand in hand for about five minutes before reaching an indoor ice rink. How original of him. I laughed at the thought, but nevertheless was excited to spend time with him here. We went inside and he insisted on paying for the both of us. I was flattered by his act, but I should have payed for us. After all, he was the visiting guest. I made a mental not to repay him for that before sitting on a bench. 

"Have you ever skated before?" Sunghoon questioned whilst placing some skates in front of my feet. I went to answer, but stopped as he knelt down in front of me. His hands untied my trainers and took them off. Carefully, he slipped the skates onto my feet and laced them up. I winced at the tightness, and he apologised profusely. I couldn't stop thinking about how gentle his hands were, not to mention how pretty his actual hands were. 

"You have to tie them quite tight for safety," he smiled apologetically, "and I would have had to tie them for you since you have never skated before. I thought I'd help you out."