The Midnight Date

Harry’s P.O.V

It was dinner time.  I was telling Weasley all about me becoming the new Gryffindor seeker, in hopes that this news would spread around the dining room to Draco.

“Seeker?” Ron said. “You must be the youngest seeker in a century,”

“According to Professor McGonagall,” I said while shoving cherry pie into my mouth. “I start training next week. BUT DON’T TELL ANYONE, WOOD WANTS TO KEEP IT A SECRET, HE DOESN’T WANT ANYONE TO KNOW I’M THE NEW GRIFFINDOR SEEKER!”

“I think everyone heard you,” Weasley said.

Fred and George came over but I completely ignored them because I could see Draco walking this way. “Told you, now Draco on his way over,” Ron said. I elbowed him in his stomach and he fell off his seat.

I wanted to jump up and hug Draco but there at the High Table was full of teachers, neither of us could do more than stare at each other.

“I hope you’re not having your last meal, Potter? What did Professor McGonallal say? I hope you’re not expelled. I wouldn’t know what to do without you,” Draco exclaimed.

 “No, no, no I’m GRIFFINDOR SEEKER, but don’t tell anyone it’s a secret,” I yelled/whispered to him.

 “wanttogoonadatewithme” Draco said extremely quickly.

“What did you say, you want to dance?” I said to him.

“Do you want to go on a date with me?” Draco said extremely slowly.

I stopped breathing and fell to the floor. Everything went black.

Draco’s P.O.V

I was so nervous to ask Harry out that I didn’t even consider that he would faint. As he fell I caught him in my arms. Gosh he was light. I wonder if he even was fed at home, OMG he is too light. He is too light.

Then I remembered that Harry fainted and yelled for Madam Pomfrey at the High Table. “MADAM POMFREY POTTERS DOWN POTTERS DOWN!” Madam Pomfrey sprinted down to us from the High Table.

“What happened, it’s too crowded in here; let’s move him into the hospital wing. I’ll take him from you dear,” Madam Pomfrey said.

“NO, I’ll carry him, it’s okay I’ve got him,” I shouted at Madam Pomfrey.

“Okay, okay that’s fine, come along.”

I picked up Harry in my arms, shifting his weight so I could easily carry him. I followed after Madam Pomfrey.

“Place him there,” Madam Pomfrey said.

I placed Harry on the hospital bed and sat in the chair next to him. I held his hand until Madam Pomfrey said that I needed to leave for bed. I quickly scribbled down a note for Harry : Meet in the corridor at midnight tonight – Draco.

I then left for Slytherin common room. I waltzed in and went up to my bed and lay there for what it felt like days.

Harry’s P.O.V

I awoke at 11:30pm to find a note someone left for me.  I quickly read the note. Then I reread it. Draco wanted to meet with me at midnight, of course I would go.  I can’t believe I fainted in front of Draco.

I went up to the Gryffindor common room to change my clothes. Everyone was asleep. I tried going commando style upstairs but failed as I tripped over on of the stairs and landed with a loud ‘ooff’. The next minute Weasley walked down the stairs. Great just what I needed a Weasley.