Extra: The first meeting

*5 years prior*

An 11 year old Salene walked through the hallway. Her shoulder length hair was tied in a ponytail and her green eyes wavered slightly. 

She was walking hastily. 

Documents that appeared to be important were held tightly in her hand.

"Ugh. That commoner again." A whisper, that was clearly intended to be directed at Salene, was heard.

"Of course, what a teacher's pet. Going around acting all smart with that lowly background of hers."

"Oh my! It can't be helped! After all, who else's shoes will she lick to act all high and mighty."

Whispers from various corners filled the air. Mocking, gossiping and humiliating. 

Yet Salene didn't pay any mind to the cruel-hearted words as she continued to move along.

Of course one wouldn't mind it....

because they have already heard it to the point where they lose all hope.

It will always be like this.

Don't cry.

The weak are those who hide and talk.

You have a future ahead of you.

Just survive this rotten obstacle.

These were the thoughts that kept Salene going.

She didn't desire fame nor did she wish to brag about the money that were earned by her parents. Not like those filthy spoiled kids at least.

Pretty stereotypical, isn't it.

She thought all people were the same. Especially the rich, bragging about their money. The poor? Just tag along with the 'money loaders' and gossip.

Salene sighed and shook her head.

'The most important thing is...to always get full marks.' 

Soon, Salene found herself in front of the marvelous door to the teachers' staff room.

"It sure took an eternity to get here." She mumbled.

Salene knocked on the door and after a short period of time, the door opened.

"Good morning, respected teache-" Before she could finish the sentence that she had practiced a few times before knocking, her closed eyes opened and landed on a blinding sight.

She raised her head a little to look at the mysterious figure that was just half foot taller than her.

"Oh! Hello!" A bright smile enveloped the fair face of a...boy as it would seem.

He had short brilliant pink hair and mesmerizing eyes. A perfect nose, eyebrows and face shape. His thin lips were stretched slightly as he smiled at Salene.

"Who may you be?" 

Without minding to answer his greeting, she directly asked the question she had intended to ask from the moment she saw him.

He looked taken  aback and scratched the back of his head.

"Oh..well..I am.." 

Even his voice engulfed by nervousness sounded mesmerizing. 

"Good morning miss Ryalend, it appears that you've already seen our new transfer student." A restrictive voice was heard.

'Transfer student? In this time of the semester? oh well, this dude can say goodbye to his grades.' Salene thought.