sbi • dream [] wings (pt. 2)

Start from the beginning

Now slightly worried, you hurry up the stairs—not too fast—but not too slow either. The carved door to his room was left open as well, and you could have sworn you smelled the subtlest trace of metal.

You furrowed your brows and slowly pushed the door back to reveal your brother's room.

"Tubbo...?"

Dark grey feathers were strewn across the floor, a few on his furniture as well. You swallowed nervously, hoping the assumption forming in your head wasn't true.

His books were scattered across the ground, and the plants he normally cared for were spilled from their clay pots as they lied broken and shattered.

"Oh nonono..." you mumbled frantically, rummaging through the mess on your knees, hopeful to find an explanation for his absence.

Your eyes widened as you caught a glimpse of something you wished you hadn't.

Blood.

A half-dried trail of smeared blood soaked into his wooden floor. There were subtle traces of footsteps in the dark liquid as well.

A nauseous feeling rooted in your stomach as your hand flew to your mouth. Stumbling up from the ground, you ran into a note written in deep, black ink.

"Techno,
Meet me at The Ruins before midnight or the boy's dead."

Then, at the very bottom in slightly smeared ink:

"Alone."

You felt your blood boil with rage, forming a slight assumption of who kidnapped your brother. First, he had tried to hurt you, and now Tubbo?

What did Dream want from the man so desperately?

You folded the paper and aggressively shoved it in your pocket. You had to tell Techno.

• • •

Your pink haired brother furrowed his brows in thought as you finished reading the note to him. A long silence filled the air, and you stared at him, patiently awaiting his response.

"We can't tell Phil," he said shortly as he stood up and started directly to his horse stable.

You quickly scurried behind his lead and asked, "Why not? Wouldn't it be best if he knew that we're putting ourselves in danger?"

Technoblade abruptly stopped in his tracks and whipped his head towards you. "We? You're not coming," he spat coldly.

Surprisingly, you stood your ground to the assertive man. "What do you mean 'I'm not coming'—Tubbo is my brother. I can't just sit around knowing his life is in danger."

Techno scowled. "Yes, (y/n), but this is my problem. I have to fix it... alone... or—or Tubbo dies, okay!" he emphasized the last few words, the distress in his voice prominent.

You bit your bottom lip until a small bead of blood formed upon its skin. He was correct, but it just didn't sit right with you knowing Tubbo's life was in the hands of Dream.

Techno exhaled sharply and continued towards his horse stable once again, preparing the saddle and his usual set of lustrous, gold weapons.

Just as he was about to take leave, you stopped him.

"Techno, look, it'll be safer to take another person. What if something happens and you can't get back home? Nobody's going to be able to help you," you asserted. "It's too risky to go alone."

The male was still hesitant, but his composure maintained stern.

"I can fight—I can defend myself. You don't have to worry about me."