14

2 hours later

Sam Wilson
♡☆♡

"Bruce, he hasn't had a good night's sleep in a month for Christ sake!" I exclaimed angrily. The male in front of me only sighed as he took his glasses off of his face to clean it before he promptly placed it right back onto his face.

"I-" The brunette then cut himself off as he sighed, shaking his head. "I think it's time that we do something about this." He whispered, in which I looked up at the ceiling in both relief and victory.

Bruce and I have been going at it on this topic for over an hour now. I told Jarvis to alert me if Steve's brain decides to torment him once again, before waking him up out of another horrid nightmare.

But now, it's been a while so I'm getting a bit antsy with how long I've been down here. I can't give you an exact time limit, but I do know that I've been down in this lab far way too long in my own opinion, and I fear that when Jarvis alerts me about his distress that I wouldn't get there fast enough to comfort him properly.

"But," He say as I immediately looked up at him. "The thing is..." Bruce then bit his lip before he started to fiddle with his hands; an obvious nervous tick. "Come on Mr. Scientist, spit it out." I ordered as Bruce glanced over to me.

"I just-- I have no idea what i can do about it." With that, my face was quickly rid of all relief that I previously held. "Bruce!" I shouted, almost sounding exhausted.

"What!? I'm sorry, but i just-- I don't know!" He exclaimed as I put my face in my hands, groaning. "What do you mean that you just don't know?" I asked before taking my hands out of my face to look at the greying brunette.

"You're a Doctor, Bruce. A whole ass doctor with many PHD's!" I exclaimed, making the brunette nod his head solemnly. "I know, but so is Tony." He informed, making me look up at him, confused.

"Tony?" I asked, making the brunette nod firmly. "Our Tony?" I say before shaking my head as I start to dismiss the thought. 

"Tony- He's- He's not a... Okay, that is not the point." I mumbled softly before I sighed, feeling defeated. "How do you not know what to do?" I asked, in which this time I didn't receive an answer from the man.

The scientist stared at me blankly, seemingly thinking before gasping loudly as he shot up out of his seat, rushing over to his desk. 

"Did..." I then raised one of my eyebrows, sending the other a bored expression. "Did you just get an idea?" I asked in a monotone voice before crossing my arms over my chest.

I didn't receive an answer from Bruce as he simply picked up his Starkpad that he started to frantically swipe through. 

At first I was simply waiting for him to hurry up and snap out of whatever this may be, but after a good while of the swiping, and now typing, becoming more and more frantic, I started to become a bit confused.

"Is everything okay?" I asked with a hint of concern as I stared at the frantic scientist. Bruce quickly nodded before sighing and lowering his Starkpad a bit from where he had originally had it. 

"I just- I read an article sometime ago, and i know that it's somewhere in here." He mumbled as he continued to swipe.

"What did it talk about? Was it ba-" I quickly got caught off by the older man. "Found it!" He exclaimed happily before he jogged over to me, putting his tablet in hologram mode so that I could also see it.

"Okay." He whispered before he took in a deep breath. "So this article talks about caregivers and what happens when something is wrong with their little or if something happens to their little and they become overly stressed." He explained as I nodded slowly.