What an earth were you thinking?

Bắt đầu từ đầu

We're deep in the forest when he turns to me again, "Why would you tell Beatrix of all people you were going to come here?" he asks, I answer but keep walking, "I didn't, she knew before I even said anything," I sway my braid to the back of my head.

Nothing else said.

Then a screeching noise starts to build up in front of us, I calm my flame, only enough for us to see the ground beneath us, the voices are getting louder, we will end the dark one tonight. Silva will live. Sky will be ok. I will move on and continue to study at the school. I tell myself in order to be able to play this out clearly.

When the thing comes into view my hands create a circle of fire around us, you'd think that would drive it away, but it drew it closer, me and Sky now back to back.

"I need you to trust me," I say, his answer is shaky but I can hear it clearly, "I trust you, and you need to trust me," he answers , 'Ok' is all I can say back, I roll to the ground to the side of the circle and Sky moves back a few steps, I use my fire to push the creature back then it enters through the fire, unaffected.  I push the fire one way then the other creating a rythm, it keeps steady unlike the beat of my heart. This allows me to keep the creature almost under control, keeping it from straying too far.

Sky pushes a sword through it's torso, but something tells me it's not quite dead yet. I push my fire to keep it low, Sky rips the sword out and repeatedly smashes the dark one in the head. Slowly as the tension calms down in the air, the fire circle starts to blow out with the wind, Sky comes and puts his arms around me. Marco and his team couldn't find and kill the dark one but at least we have now.

And finally silence in my head, nothing but my own heart beat and Sky's. 

"We did it," he says, his voice almost lost in the victory.

"And you could of died doing it," Dowling's angry pout makes me want to bleach my eyeballs, we walk reluctantly back towards the academy,

"you're an idiot," He points to Sky, "stupid, impulsive reckless idiot," Silva continues.

"But did it work?!" Sky almost shouts, Silva just reaches to hug him, I enjoy looking at the happy reunion, he then pulls me into the embrace too.

"Thank you, both of you," he says letting go, "But never do something like that again, understand?" We both nod, happy tears sting in my eyes.

 I was hoping I could get some more time to spend with Sky but when we arrive back at school we get separated, Silva says he wants to talk to Sky and Dowling offers to walk me to my room.

"Why would you do that?" she asks, exhausted, at least now this is all over.

"I couldn't look at professor Silva like that, or Sky." I answer looking towards the ground, Farah brings me into an embrace now too.

"You had so much power, so much control," she pulls away, "and for that I am proud, but you must never do that again, and no one else can know you did that," she says strictly and walks me right to our door.

Sky's POV:

I watch Dowling take Ana away, and then I turn back to Silva, he shakes his head and lets out a breath.

"I need to ask you do to something for me," he says, I expect he wants me to promise him that'll never do that again, "What is it?" I ask, slightly nervous.

"I know you followed Anastasia into the forest, you weren't the one who thought of that plan, I need you to keep an eye on her, make sure she doesn't do anything else stupid, it's not just me asking this is from you, miss Dowling too," he says and I stare at him for a second.