Reyna stayed alert, listening to Jason rant about omega hardships whilst also trying to keep track of what was happening with her mates behind her.

She was battling against her mind's conflict as her instincts threw several possible courses of action at her - circling them around in her head.

She wanted to help Piper calm Annabeth, wanted to tear Nico to shreds for getting so up close and personal with, and shouting at, her mate. She wanted to comfort her friend as she stared at Jason's troubled expression. She wanted to defend Nico, he was her friend too.

Unfortunately for Chris, all of these emotions she channeled into the death grip she had on him.

Gods, being a beta sucked sometimes.

Moments like these were about the only times Chris - or any beta he knew - had thoughts like that. Being a beta was actually awesome, no matter what arrogant alphas and brainless omegas claimed.

Just, sometimes, betas didn't appreciate always being the mediators. It wasn't a common feeling though, as it was often just a natural instinct to them anyway.

No one noticed that in the corner of the room, Percy sat, his back against the wall and his hands held over his ears. With his knees pulled up to his chest, his face was easily hidden, proving a nuisance to the two betas trying to comfort him.

Rachel had a hand on Percy's knee, rubbing circles with her thumb as she tried to delicately untangle Percy's fingers from his hair, having moved there as soon as the pair had worked his hands away from his ears.

Connor used Percy's now-available hearing to whisper in his friends ear, soft whispering comforts.

Despite the so obvious differences, Percy couldn't help but be reminded of when he was younger, of the arguments he'd hear at night when Gabe and his mom thought he was asleep.

He almost never was. Often, he had been asleep but was awoken by the loud slams and shouts.

With their situation as bad as it had been, Percy didn't dare think about what would have happened if Gabe was an alpha.

"-ask Percy! He would know, Sally raised him."

It seemed everyone had heard Nico shout as they all turned towards where Percy sat, the omegas waiting for him to prove their point purely because of his love for his mother, whilst Annabeth waited for Percy to defend the alphas. He too was an alpha, after all.

Percy's head shook as he tossed it side to side, curling together tighter and pressing back harder against the wall.

For an alpha, he looked uncharacteristically small, and that was before his shoulders began to shake.

It took an extra three squeezes to each of his wrists for the shaking to cease, enough for Rachel to slot herself against Percy's side with an arm over his shoulders.

Connor's hand found it's way to the back of Percy's head, his fingers tangling in his hair as he swiped his thumb along soothingly.

Every alpha, and omega, had what betas liked to call a 'Calming Point'. For Percy, it was the back of his head, Calypso her shoulders. Hazel and Leo both had certain spots on their necks.

Some however, had theirs in rather annoying places. Like Annabeth for example; no beta was ever getting anywhere near close to her ankle unless they were Piper. Grover too, if he was lucky.

Why bother telling them where it was if she was just going to boot them in the face? That one time in the Labyrinth had not been fun for Rachel. At all.