[Major Grant, I do not see why you are trying to blend in when you could easily overpower these people and subject them to your whims]

Grant sighed as he pulled the jacket onto arms "Because, Gaius we can't just go around letting others know of the powers I possess. If you want, you can consider this an intelligence gathering operation I need to understand what the current governing structure is and see if there is any turmoil as well as ascertain the relations between the humans and non-human races."

[Smart plan, making the people think it was their idea to place you in a position of power rather than trying to vie for power and going up against the current governors especially if they are still loyal to their motherland rather than the colonies]

"The best thing I can do is try and ramp up hostilities between the colonies and the motherland leading to the war breaking out 10 years ahead of schedule." Grant stated as he placed his M4A1 and M1911 into an inventory slot. Before grabbing the flintlock off the bed and placing it in his pants.

Hearing a knock at the door he quickly opened and was surprised when he saw the Councilor hold the reins to two horses as well as Claire hugging her mother.

"Here you go, Major Grant, and there is nothing I can say that can thank you enough for saving my people." Councilor Carver stated

"No, thanks are necessary, I did what anyone else would have done if they were in my situation." Grant said while mounting his horse. "Come on Claire if you want to make it halfway to Philadelphia by nightfall, we to head out now." Grant watched as she mounted up and brought her horse up to walk right beside his.

Two hours into the ride Claire turned to Grant wondering more about the man she would be bounded to for rest of her life. "So, where did you grow up?"

"I grew up in Seattle, Washington a city on the west coast of what would become the United States on my world"

She nodded at his answer "Have you attended university?"

"Yes, I have, the universities I have attended include Arizona State, New York, and Harvard."

Claire looked at him in shock "You went to Harvard?"

"Yes, I did, and those were best years of my life. Its where I met Sophia Goodwin the woman that I would be lucky enough to call my wife."

"Your married?"

"No, she divorced me during my 5th tour of duty during Sino-American War she cited that my willingness to run headfirst into a firefight is why we could no longer be together. While I regret not being there for her and my daughter, I would not change a thing because I answered the call when my country needed me."

Claire nodded "How many wars have you fought in?"

Grant sighed "Technically I have fought in 5 different wars in different parts of the world that spanned over three decades."

"Where did these wars take place?

"The wars took place mostly in Eurasia in the countries of China, Iraq, North Korea, Russia, and Afghanistan." Grant replied, "One more question before we stop to make camp for the night."

"What is the nature of your relationship with Gaius? He used to be the God we prayed to until the rise of magic many of those that don't have magic people still pray to him. I myself am one of them I want to know is he really their and what are his intentions?" Claire said looking straight into his eyes.

Grant just stared right back at her until began to laugh causing her to flinch. "You are one hell of a straight shooter, Claire you could have put some congressmen to shame back home. But to answer your question I guess you could think of me as a demigod since I get my power from him yet I'm also an apostle who is supposed to inspire people into thinking he is real leading them to become true believers. His intentions is that he wants to reclaim his place at the top and dethrone Eneus."