𝐢𝐯. 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐮𝐲

Start from the beginning

Sky glanced back, waving his hand at Stella to indicate he'd be there in a few seconds. "You don't have to tell me I'm making a mistake, I already know."

"Damn right, then why are you making it?" Sky shrugged, tempted to ask Riven for a cigarette before having to talk to Stella. "What about Star? How does she feel about this?"

"Haven't talked with her yet." Sky started to walk away, ignoring Riven's snort as he approached Stella. It was hard to say goodbye to the blonde princess. Sky and Stella had a long ongoing messy history, and Stella knew Sky like the back of her hand. What to say, what to do, to manipulate him. Sky was aware of this, but couldn't help but feel sorry for her, given her family situation. And despite whether Star had feelings for him or not, he was hurting her, and he couldn't live with that.

Stella, this . . . isn't going to work out. Sky rehearsed in his mind, but as Stella gave him an anxious look, the blond Specialist knew it'd be no good. "Sky, I need the maps of the school grounds."

Sky frowned, scratching the back of his neck slightly confused. "I think I can get them from the Specialists Hall. May I ask what for?"

"Long story short, a burned one has my ring. The Solaria ring. I need it back." Sky opened his mouth as Stella lifted her finger to quiet him. "Don't ask how it has it."

"Don't you think you'd out to tell Miss Dowling?"

Stella scoffed, pouting slightly as she crossed her arms over her chest. "No, she has a deal with the Queen of Solaria. When it comes to loyalty, I will always come second to my mum." she paused, noticing Sky's hesitance. "You understand, right Sky?"

The blond boy sighed, nodding slightly. Stella leaned in, clenching her jaw when Sky avoided her kiss and instead went for a hug. Stella sighed, nuzzling into his shoulder before realising Silva was approaching the two. "Just asking about the Runes homework. Good afternoon, Silva."

Sky watched Stella walk away, before glancing at Silva.

And Stella wasn't stupid. She was aware that she had been losing Sky even before the summer. That had been the reason why it'd felt nice to ghost him in the summer, to pretend she wasn't losing the one person she trusted in the whole of Alfea. But Sky's world revolved around Star. Stella could never compete against precious Star. But for as long as she could, she clung to Sky, before he realised how broken she was and shunned her.

And Stella would be alone once again, like always.

"You don't have to lecture me. I'm already lecturing myself in my head." 

Silva chuckled, hanging his head. "I'm guessing you don't even listen to yourself."

"She's not that bad." Sky winced at the tone of his voice.

"But she's the one you want." Silva retorted, knowing Sky all too well. Sky blushed, glancing at the ground. "I get it, though. She's familiar. There's comfort in that. But discomfort is where growth lies. How's Star, by the way?"

Sky frowned, taking his words in before freezing at the mention of Star. "We haven't . . . spoken lately."

"Mhm." Silva hummed, patting Sky's shoulder. "Maybe you should talk to her."

∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎ ∎

Star hesitated before making her way to the table, plopping down next to Bloom as she stiffled a yawn, slamming her dinner tray down. "So, what are we talking about?"