"Why are you sorry?" I question staring at him. He turns and shuts the door going to sit on my bed. Now that I properly looked at him, he didn't look well. His eyes were hooded; it looked as if he had no sleep. The light in his eyes had almost disappeared.

"This morning, I know I didn't go to training with you, I just I. Anyway it doesn't matter it's not like you cared or probably didn't even notice." He says getting up and heading to the door. I grab his arm to pull him back. I brought him into a hug knowing whatever was going on with him it was selfish for me to be getting mad at him. There was obviously something bigger going on. He hugs me back, his hand on my upper shoulder above my towel. I shivered at the warmth of his palm letting go of him slowly.

"Uhm, shit Silv your bleeding." He says as if he wanted to talk but then looked towards my arms seeing the blood on my knuckles dropping on the floor.

"Yeah I went a bit intense this morning, and I do care, and I do notice and I missed you this morning," I say going to grab a change of clothes which consisted of a pair of spandex and an oversized Nirvana shirt. After changing and wrapping my hand I walk back out half expecting him to be gone but surprisingly seeing him still sitting on my bed with his head in his hands. At the sound of my bathroom door opening he lifts his head. His lips move upwards in a smile. I smile back happy he stayed.

He slowly gets up sitting me on the bed and him sitting on the chair in front of the bed, helping me to bandage my knuckles. I watch him in silence as he delicately wraps my knuckles as if they were feathers, his warm hands held mine and in that moment I felt at peace. The silence wasn't awkward; it was as if we were both in our own world but together. It was comforting. As he goes to wrap my other hand I look at him instead of my hands. Whatever had happened it definitely bothered him. His hair was messier than usual but still extremely hot and his eyes despite the lack of sleep still were beautiful. I wanted to just grab his face and kiss him, but I realized that would not end well.

"So do you wanna talk about it?" I ask moving his head upwards with the palm of my hand to meet eye contact with me. I could see it in his eyes he felt broken and so sad. I wish I could just take away whatever was hurting him. He places his hand on top of mine that was resting on the side of his face closing his eyes as I see a teardrop down his face. I use my other hand to wipe it away.

As I am about to say something he pulls me towards him sitting me on his lap in a straddling position and hugs me. I wasn't quite sure if this would constitute breaking the invisible friend rule. But I didn't care, he was hurting and he needed someone. He needed me. I hug him back, wrapping my arms around his neck and laying my head on top of his. We sat there for another couple of minutes before he started moving his head.

I move my head away from above his and lean back slightly still straddling his lap. If this had been in any other atmosphere or mood I would have already been riding him. But it wasn't like that.

I take his head in my palms and kiss his forehead.

"Whatever it is you don't need to tell me, just know I'm here," I say kissing his head again before looking into his eyes.

"It's Silva. A burned one got him yesterday when you guys had gone to get the ring from the woods, and I don't know if he's going to make it. He keeps preparing me for the worst saying that someone has been instructed to continue my training and that he's proud of me. But I just can't, I can't lose him." He says without breaking eye contact. I felt my heartbreak for him. I had never lost anyone I cared about because until recently I didn't even know I could care. I had grown up in such an uncaring environment that I never knew what it would feel like. But seeing Sky here in my arms broken-hearted I knew I cared and I knew he was hurting.

"I can't sit here and tell you everything is going to be alright and that he's going to be fine but I can't lie to you. But what I can tell you is that I believe in something greater. That someone is looking out for you. You can always come to talk to me. I know it's hard talking about this but I'm here if you need it." I say looking straight back at him. He pulls me in for another hug kissing my forehead this time. I giggle a little to which he cracks a smile at. I slowly get off of his lap realizing the barrier we had broken with each other and despite how morally wrong it probably was considering Stella. He came to me for help and I wasn't going to neglect him. I cared for him and it took me this long to realize I actually could care.

"I should probably go, Stella's called me 1000 times and there is that party." He says slightly wiping his eyes. At the mention of Stella, I had become a bit frigid and frozen to which he hadn't realized. He grabs my head kissing my forehead so gently I could barely feel it but I know he did.

"Thank you, and I'll see you at the party tonight?" He questions to which I nod and go to close the door behind him. I leaned against the door as soon as he had left and exhaled loudly. I closed my eyes remembering his small laughs today and crooked smiles. I smile as I imagine them. But shake my head knowing that we were just friends. I go to my closet deciding I need to get laid tonight and definitely not by Sky. 

note: next chapter is going to be intense get ready for it :)  Let me know how you are liking the book.