I fell quiet, my eyes zoning in on her lips. 

"And then what, Archer?" she whispered with a teasing smile on her lips while she leaned forward and then pulled back again. 

"I don't know," I mumbled, my finger instinctively tracing her jaw. 

"I should go, the princesses have been asking questions about the kinds of dresses we can make," she smiled, pushing herself off the wall and straightening my tie before turning to leave. 

"There are still three weeks left to plan and gather everything," I said, grabbing her wrist and pulling her back, pinning her against the wall. 

She sighed in defeat, tilting her head back to look at me. 

I'm falling in love with her. Fast and hard. 

"You know, just because I am not at Cherie doesn't mean it isn't my job anymore. I still have to talk to them like I would at the store," she smiled. 

"I don't care," I said through gritted teeth, grabbing her arms and pulling them around my neck before resting mine around her waist. 

She chuckled, pressing her hands to my chest and pushing me backward until my lower back hit the edge of my desk. I turned us over so she was against it while I tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "What if we never met?" she asked, raising a brow at me sharply. 

"That's not possible," I shook my head. "We had to meet at some point. You would eventually deliver some clothing, I would eventually come down to Cherie with either my mother or a princess or my grandmother," I chuckled. "We had to meet someday." 

"But what if we didn't? Especially the way that we did," she mumbled the last bit under her breath, rolling her eyes. 

"I don't think I can ever forget that," I laughed. 

"You have no idea how I was embarrassed I was after that," she said with a soft smile, scratching her eyebrow. 

"Why? You were so adorable that day. Weird but adorable." 

"Adorable? Are you joking? I made a fool out of myself," she whined, closing her eyes and tilting her head up to the ceiling. 

"No, you didn't," I chuckled, tugging at her waist. 

She let out a small whimper, frowning at me. 

"You didn't, I promise you. I was very curious; I had no idea who you were. I really wanted to know." 

"Really?" she asked, curiously. 

"And when Mr. Albert suggested for you, I was more excited than you can imagine," I grinned. 

"Really?" she asked softly, her smile widening. 

"Really," I nodded. "And I knew I was going to marry you the day I walked into your store to pick up that dress," I smirked, slowly leaning in. 

"Really?" she mumbled. 

"Really," I whispered, my lips brushing against hers before I leaned down, kissing her gently. 

She smiled against my lips before kissing me back with the same energy and a little more intensity. Halfway through the kiss, she started giggling. 

I pulled back with a small grunt escaping, "What is it?" I questioned, smiling at her. 

"Nothing," she shook her head, leaning forward to distract me with a kiss. 

I pulled back, looking down at her. "What? Tell me," I chuckled. 

"I just had a thought. Somewhat of a guess," she shrugged. 

"Which is?" I arched a brow at her. 

"Nothing, forget about it." 

"You have to tell me," I said, poking her abdomen, making her squeal. 

"I think," she chuckled. She shook her head slowly while I gave her a pointed look. She grabbed my tie, pulling me down to where her lips were by my ear. "I think you're falling in love with me," she whispered. 

"I think you're a little late to the party. Everyone seems to realize that but you," I laughed, looking down at her. 

She smacked my chest lightly. "I'm being serious!" she whined. 

"So am I. You're the oblivious one," I shrugged. 

She smiled, rolling her eyes and shaking her head softly. 

"Can I ask you something?" 

She nodded in reply. 

"How did you feel when you actually got here? I never asked because I didn't know if you'd be willing to talk about it but... I know you felt out of place," I said softly. 

"That is an understatement," she snorted. "I felt like I entered a whole new world where I didn't know anybody. I felt very out of place and... alone," she shrugged softly. "I thought I would be the first one out. I never imagined I would be able to adjust to this lifestyle but..." she trailed off. 

"But?" 

"But I found a reason." 

"What could possibly be worth feeling so alone?" I questioned. It pained me to know that it was so horrible for her. That she felt so isolated and I didn't know. I know I tried my best to make her feel as comfortable and welcomed as possible, but it wasn't up to just me. 

"You," she answered, her thumb stroking my cheek as she held one side of my face. "And knowing what an amazing guy you are, and even more, how much of an amazing husband you would be. To whoever that may be." 

"Evelyn," I deadpanned. 

"You can't guarantee anything. What if we don't work?" 

"We will," I shrugged, refusing to believe that we could ever fall out. 

"I kept trying because I started liking you a lot faster than I'd like to admit. I should have been trying to heal from my heartbreak but I was here having fun and getting to know you. And that felt very right to me. I couldn't let it slip away so easily, I had to try," she shrugged, chuckling humorlessly. 

"I'm so glad you did," I mumbled, resting my forehead against hers. 

She laughed softly, kissing my cheek. "I should really go now. Otherwise, they'll eat my head off another time," she rolled her eyes. 

I pulled back, kissing her shortly before letting her go. I looked at the clock, checking to see how much spare time I would have tonight. I think this calls for a date.

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 36

I don't have any exams until Tuesday, so I may be updating more, but I DO have prep sheets to make so idk

next chapter: soul