𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

Start from the beginning

        Suna: u okay?

        Suna: *inserts meme* :P

        Sayo: m fine. thanks.

        Suna: np :P

        It had also been a few days since she had properly talked to Shinsuke, and she only replied to his messages with short answers. She was also sure that he was getting worried especially when she felt the multiple times her heart rate spiked up whenever she would respond to his messages.

        Shin-chan: How are you today, Sayo?

        Shin-chan: I will be going there later to bring you food again.

        Shin-chan: You haven't been eating properly and that's not healthy.

         Shin-chan: Would you like to watch a movie?

        Sayo: ok.

        It was unfortunate that she could not bring herself to form full conversations when she felt as if her body was too heavy for her to even take her daily baths. She barely ate with only the few sandwiches that she would make whenever she felt like it from time to time, and only did eat properly whenever Shinsuke would visit in the afternoon from after school, bringing a container and a plastic bag filled with varieties of food.

         Sayo pulled her body up from her bed when she heard the knocks coming from her front door, glancing at the window along the way to show that the night had already taken over the day. She twists the knob between her palms and opens it to present Shinsuke who was here once again for the fourth time this week and consistently.

        He held a plastic bag in his hand like she predicted as well as CD's in his other hand, he then greeted her with a small smile, "Hello, Sayo. How are you?"

         Unfortunately, she did not return it and instead answered blankly and softly, "I'm fine."

        Shinsuke forced the grimace to sink down before it could even appear on his face when he had asked the question, seeing Sayo's appearance that immediately told him that she really was not okay. He could see her eyes tiredly stare back up at him as well before she forced herself to give him a smile as well.

         Once they walked inside, Shinsuke closed the door behind him and asked, "Let's eat?"

        Sayo nodded mindlessly.

        It was silent as they sat together in the dining room that was also designated inside the kitchen, and Shinsuke would constantly steal glances at Sayo who ate sluggishly and continued to look down at her food. His shoulders slumped slightly at his attempt to make her at least feel a little bit better, unfortunately, they could never hide each other's emotions as soulmates.

        Sayo snapped her head up when she felt her heart drop slightly whilst eating, and saw the small frown on the face of the person who sat opposite from her.

        She cleared her throat awkwardly and mumbled, "I'm sorry for being uncooperative when I know that you're trying to cheer me up."