All the while, Jisu hadn't moved a single step from where she stood, rooted on the same exact spot this whole time and only staring emptily ahead, as if she couldn't believe where she was.

"H-hey ... w-we can leave if you don't like it here ..." Yeji softly said as took a step forward to stand by the shorter girl's side.

But to her surprise, Jisu only silently took hold of Yeji's hand, before finally taking a step forward, and then another, and soon enough, Yeji found herself being guided by the younger girl as they slowly walked around the apartment, with Jisu holding on tightly to the older girl's hand while looking around the familiar interior of the 4 walls, occasionally raising her other hand to just gently graze the surfaces of the furniture she had used all those years ago, her mind and thoughts going completely blank with every second that passed.

And while she wanted to ask why Yeji had brought her here, Jisu also knew she didn't need any explanations from Yeji, for she understood all too well what the silver haired girl was trying to do by bringing her here.

This was where Yeji had left Jisu three years ago, on that last fateful night before Yeji took off, disappearing from her life for what she thought was going to be forever.

And here she was, three years later, back in the place that was what she still considered to be the closest to hell she'd ever be.

For the pain that she had endured, the anger that had coursed through her blood and veins, the tears that were shed every time the moon rose up from the horizon, and the hope that day by day tragically slipped away from her grasp, it all but reminded Jisu of how lonely she had felt to be confined within these four walls all those years ago.

Yet this time, in the same surroundings, no longer did she feel alone. 

This time, Yeji was there again, by her side, holding her hand tightly, as if to tell her that this time, she wasn't going to leave.

Not again.

This time, Yeji promised to stay.

That from here on out, no longer would Jisu have to walk her path alone. 

That she'd once more have someone to share her pain and burden with, whether it was from the past, in the present, or later on in the future. 

And that person was no one else but Hwang Yeji.

And just like that, what Jisu once viewed as an empty, dark, and grim space inside 4 looming walls now seemed oddly bright, pleasant, beautiful, and dare she say ... hopeful, as the sweet, fond and precious memories she had made in this place that she had once thought were forgotten and buried came flooding back, washing away the anguish she had once felt about this room.

And it made the shorter girl pull the taller girl in, wrapping her arms around the silver haired girl's waist and resting her head upon Yeji's chest, her ears now able to clearly hear the older girl's rapidly beating heart.

"T-thank you," Jisu muttered out, her voice cracking slightly at the end as single tears began to run down her cheek.

Yeji didn't answer, instead enveloping the smaller girl in her warmth and resting her own chin on top of the younger girl's head, her hand gently rubbing Jisu's back as the two embraced into a tight yet comforting hug.

The two stayed in that position for a few seconds, neither one of them wanting to let go of the other, only to be interrupted soon enough by Ryujin who spoke up with a grin on her face.

"Sorry to disturb the both of you, but are we staying here for the night?"

Yeji nodded with a smile, with Jisu still in her arms, as she continued to share her warmth with the younger girl who only seemed to hug her waist even tighter with each passing second.

"But what about our pajamas? And our toothbrush? Or shampoo?" Chaeryeong quickly responded with a bit of concern in her voice.

"Check Jisu's old room," Yeji replied with a wink, gesturing her head over to the only closed door remaining in the whole apartment.

"Oh!" Yuna exclaimed upon entering her bestfriend's old room, as she saw 5 pairs of red pajamas neatly folded and placed on the bed.

"The toiletries are all in the bathroom too, and there's ingredients to bake cookies in the fridge. There's Netflix on the TV too, and there's several boardgames in the shelf just in case," the eldest added with a proud look on her face.

"Wow... ... Yeji unnie really is the best," Chaeryeong answered, giving the older girl a two-thumbs up with both her hands.

Just then, Jisu finally slowly lifted her head up, and upon doing so, Yeji quickly wiped the girl's tears away with her thumb.

"Are you okay now?" Yeji softly whispered with a subtly teasing look, though she continued to gently caress the younger girl's soft cheeks despite already wiping most if not all the tears away.

"Yeah ... I'm alright now," Jisu said after a letting out a light chuckle, which brought out a soft smile from the older girl's face.

"Good. Cause we still have Christmas to celebrate."

Author's Notes:

Hi everyone🥰! Long time no see apologies for the few days of no uploads I was busy with work😅.

But now I'm back! And did you guys watch today's Naver Now episode?? That final scene with Yejisu and 2shin had me crying😭❤️.