Chapter 26: Rising of the Witnesses

Începe de la început

The longer he took for this job, the more Castiel wondered what exactly he was missing. First, he couldn't find Dean in hell because he was already out, and now there was this woman that oozed power from every pore of her body. He didn't know what to think anymore. Oh, then there was also the fact that Dean's brother wasn't anywhere near him, which confused him even more. According to heaven's information, the two were inseparable, so why was Sam not here? However, he was most likely together with that demon Ruby, he knew that Sam was drinking her blood.

"Yeah, I got that," Dean countered. "What job exactly?"

"Help to stop the apocalypse," Castiel said as if that was clear. "And you have to stop your brother or we will."

"Stop my brother?" Dean inquired surprised.

"Yes, he is drinking demon blood from Ruby," Castiel replied.

Dean blinked a few times before he started to laugh uproariously and even Alastair couldn't hide her amusement anymore.

"Say how old is your information?" he asked once he cooled down enough. "To your information, Ruby is dead!"

"What?" was the very eloquent and startled response.

"Yes, since Christmas actually. She managed to piss off the wrong boy," Dean snickered upon recalling the memory of how Harry, an eleven-year-old boy, killed her;. However, he would never have wished it upon him because something like that changed a person.

Castiel though looked at Dean as if he had suddenly decided to grow a second head, so Dean elaborated his statement.

"On Christmas or better yet a day later, Sam and I bumped into Loki, accompanied by a boy called Harry Potter. We decided to chaperone them on their holiday when Ruby showed up and tried to kidnap Harry, or whatever else she wanted to do to him. In retaliation, Harry killed her, so no, Sam is not with her and certainly is not drinking her blood. As far as I know, Loki actually severed the hold the demon blood had on him. He's currently attending Hogwarts together with Loki and Harry," he explained to the angel who was now even more shocked and confused.

"Harry Potter?"

Of course, Castiel knew who Harry Potter was, the one destined to vanquish that idiot Riddle, but what was he doing in America? And better yet, how had he managed to kill Ruby? Several things certainly didn't add up that was for sure, the main thing being how heaven could have missed all of this. First Dean was already out of hell, then the fact that Ruby was already dead for over four months. Now the little tidbit that Sam was currently attending Hogwarts. Since when was Sam magical anyway? All his powers came from the demon blood fed to him in his early years, didn't it?

"Listen Castiel, I seriously suggest that you update your information and if you want to talk afterwards call this number." Here Dean handed over one of his business cards with his phone number.

Castiel looked at the card before he nodded and looked straight at Dean. "Very well, Dean Winchester," he said before he vanished without saying anything else.

Dean blinked a few times in surprise before turning around to Alastair.

"Can we keep him? I like him," he told the demon.

Alastair walked over to Dean with a broad smirk. "It would be amusing to corrupt him," she whispered seductively, pulling Dean in a long deep kiss.

 "It would be amusing to corrupt him," she whispered seductively, pulling Dean in a long deep kiss