Chapter 26: Rising of the Witnesses

Start from the beginning

Dean agreed wholeheartedly with that statement. They soon found themselves in a motel room, finally having some time alone for the first time since they had left hell.

 They soon found themselves in a motel room, finally having some time alone for the first time since they had left hell

It was two days later that Dean and Alastair were finally able to meet the angel. To prevent any more glass from shattering, they now lingered in an abandoned warehouse waiting and hoping that the angel finally would show up, and they were not disappointed. Dean was just about to call it a day when suddenly the corrugated iron roof started to rattle as if a storm was raging outside, though they knew that this was not the case. Soon after the bulbs exploded showering them with shards of glass and sparks. Dean instinctively raised his arms to cover his face. While Alastair just watched the entrance impassively.

The door of the barn burst open. A man wearing a beige trench coat entered, the man was at an average height with brown hair, blue eyes, and a dopey expression.

"Finally," Dean said with a deep sigh. "Took you long enough to get the hint that we don't understand a damn thing when you shriek at a frequency that's perfect for shattering glass."

"I am sorry," the man replied in a tone that indicated that the man might fall asleep at any time. Afterwards, he flared his wings that were now visible as shadows on the wall behind him. "My name is Castiel, and I'm an angel of the Lord. Some people can understand us. I thought you were one of them, but I was obviously wrong."

"Obviously," Dean replied sarcastically ignoring Alastair's snickering. "What do you want?"

Castiel looked at Alastair strangely, trying to gauge who the woman that was so casually leaning against a wall observing everything was. "Who are you?" he asked.

"Her? Ignore her, she's just my girlfriend," Dean waved him off, but Castiel walked closer to Alastair while raising a hand as if he wanted to tap her on the forehead.

"If you touch me, angel, it will be the last thing you do," Alastair sneered while flaring her power towards the angel without giving away who she really was.

Castiel stumbled a step back upon feeling the power of the woman. "That...how...!"

It seemed that Castiel didn't know what to say anymore or do about the woman that now looked at him challengingly. Deciding that he would leave her alone for now, he turned back towards Dean.

"I was sent to get you out of hell, but you weren't there. How did you get out?" he asked, slightly puzzled.

"How I got out of hell?" Dean laughed. "That was easy...I walked out through the front door."

That seemed to confuse the angel, even more, he once again looked back and forth between Dean and Alastair.

"Through the front door?" he questioned, his disbelief quite audible in his tone.

"Yes, the front door, is that so hard to believe? Now what do you want?" slowly but surely Dean grew impatient.

"God ordered me to tell you that heaven has a job for you," Castiel replied, wondering what exactly was going on here.