12

There are few things that Jae hates.

Cauliflower, listening to music with only one ear bud in, and of course attention. It was the bane of her existence, but now it felt like it would be a constant in her life.

First it was rumors with Mark whenever he posted her on social media, then it was the sasaeng pictures with Got7 when they were in the US, now this. Quite possibly the worst one.

It wasn't revealed that it was her yet, but it was only a matter of time before people connected the dots.

Maybe they'd know that I haven't dated any members in the past so I wouldn't now? Maybe it'll all blow over by tomorrow? Maybe they won't figure out it's me at all?

"Jae, are you listening?"

My attention gets turned back to the manager who has been talking for the past 3 hours. Honestly I have not been paying attention in the slightest to what he's been saying.

The first half was him calling me a disgrace and that i'd be blacklisted from ever even coming back to Korea, so I tuned him out quite quickly.

"Yes." I lie.

Mark reaches over next to me to squeeze my hand, i'm not sure if he's doing this to be supportive or to get me to put attention.

"It'll be okay." he whispers.

"We've come up with our statement we're releasing to the public, and we need you to post on social media that you have already found your soulmate and that it's not Jinyoung." the manager recaps me. "You'll have to explain that it's your soulmate is a member of JYP which is why you were here today and to account for the times you'll be here with Got7."

"I can't do that. My soulmate, how can I.." I trail off.

I have no idea who he is, I have no idea if he'll be okay with me releasing that information, I have no idea if he even wants to be with me now after this news.

What if he thinks differently of me now? How can I be sure about anything i'm the only person in this room who hasn't met him.

It breaks my heart, I can feel the pains in my chest getting worse and worse.

"He's okay with it." Jackson speaks up from across the table. "We spoke with him, he said he's okay with his information being released as long as you are."

"I'll post on social media, but after." I pause unsure if i'm ready to actually say what's on my mind. "After, my name and JYP will never be spoken together on any of my accounts."

"You want to break contact with us?" Jaebeom asks.

A murmur spreads throughout the table. They're world famous idols, everything in their life is public, but i'm not an idol. I'm just a regular person who wants a regular life.

"I want my private life to be private. I won't appear in any family videos of Got7, I won't post them on social media, as far as the public knows I have no connection with Got7 or JYP."

"Jae no."
"You can't ask that!"
"I'm not gonna allow it."
"Jae please."
"Come on, think about what you're asking."
"Mark are you gonna let this happen?"

I look over to the boy sitting next to me. The one i've known since birth, who stayed in contact with his "little sister" through training, debut, and fame, now sitting with an unreadable emotion on his face.

"No matter what Jae is staying in our lives. We'll work harder to make sure she's not in the public. She didn't have a choice in becoming known, we did, so we owe this to her." he looks at the rest of his members.

"We have saesangs at every corner of our dorm, studios, apartments, there's no way she won't be spotted." Bambam argues.

Mark smiles and squeezes my hand again.

"I know somewhere she can stay."

-/-/-/

Thank you guys so much for the support on this book. It literally has made me smile so much lately and i'm so grateful.

Alsooooo: #2 in #3racha WTF.

hahaha ty hope you guys are having a great day!