"I'm ok, thank you though." She came walking into the kitchen, grabbing a glass of water, after changing. "Would you be up for getting things for your room today?"

At first, Leila thought the woman was joking, and just scoffed, but after Emily's facial expression didn't change, she said "Wait, what? Really?"

"Leila, get it in your pretty little head that I will not be leaving or kicking you to the curb. You're stuck with me, unless you say otherwise, so yes. The offer stands until you give me an answer."

"Yes! Of course I would!" The kid wrapped her arm around Emily's waist, as she smiled big. "Nothing too expensive though!" She said, looking up.

"If you want it, we will get it. Don't worry about the money." Emily protested, stroking the smaller brunette's hair, tucking a piece behind her ear. "That's my job. Eat up, and then we can go."

-

"What colours are you thinking? We can always buy some paint. Anything you want, it's your choice." The two were walking around the store, looking at a range of things going from furniture for her room to tiny plants you can hang from the ceiling. Emily had already picked out a few things for the home, since it was in some serious need of remodelling, but her job was a key factor into why it hadn't been redone. The fact she spent more time in hotels, rather than her own apartment, was just an insight into how she'd been living her life since returning from Paris ; something she still hadn't told Leila about. Leila however had so many ideas rushing through her head that she couldn't pick a theme.

"I really like the colour of the walls in the room at the moment, so I don't think they need to change. I like simplicity with some colour." The young brunette replied.

"So we keep the walls the same and just decorate them? Sounds good to me. You're going to need a desk-"

"Why? I'm able to do things at the kitchen island."

The older brunette stopped, and crouched to the girl's level, locking eye contact. "Because you deserve your own space, Leila. You're a creative genius and that brain of yours won't work as well at a kitchen island then it will in your own room with your own things."

"Are you sure you aren't going to put me back in the system?"

"Couldn't even imagine it." The older woman reassured her and stood back up, reaching her hand to meet the younger brunette. "Come on. Let's have a look over here."

The pair continued shopping, Emily picking up bits and bobs as Leila pointed to the decorations she loved. Eventually, they finished up and took everything back to the car, only to realise it had turned dark and cloudy through the time they shopped. In the end, Leila had acquired a new bed frame, a desk, a dresser, storage for her built in wardrobe, several photo frames she hopes to fill up in the coming weeks and many pictures and fairy lights, all simple and plain, with small splashes of colour. Normal, just turned, 9 years olds would look for colourful bedding and accent wall colours but Leila, living in her circumstances, had to grow up far too quickly, and outgrew her childhood, for Emily's liking but she couldn't reverse time, no matter how much she wished she could.

"How long were we in there?"

"I have no clue but I'm starving. You want take out tonight or should we cook?" Prentiss said.

"Your choice." The girl replied blankly, as she buckled her seat belt.

"Take out it is, we can go to the store tomorrow and do a big food shop, with things you like. We can build some of the furniture, like the bed, when we get home" Emily went to start the car when the little one replied.