Chapter 19

After school, Kiyoko was sitting at home when she got the sudden urge to do something out of her nature. She wanted to dye her hair. Specifically, dark blue. She got up & got her shoes on to walk to the Sakanoshita store.

    Once she got to the store, she didn't know where the hair dye was, so she walked up to the cashier to ask, when she knowticed that it was Yamaguchi.

    "Hey Yamaguchi. I didn't know you worked here," said Kiyoko.

    "Oh. Today's my first day. Do you need help looking for something?"

    "Where would the hair dye be?"

    "That's a little out of character for you. It's in the back on the right."

    "Thanks Yamaguchi."

    "No problem!"

    Kiyoko then made her way to the hair dye section. When she got there, she saw Hanamaki.

    "Hello Hanamaki."

    "Hey, aren't you the Karasuno team's third year manager? Good to see you."

    "You too."

    After that little interaction, Kiyoko grabed a box of dark blue hair dye. She then walked up to the counter to pay for it.

    "Dark blue huh. Nice choice. I think it'll turn out well," said Yamaguchi, with a smile.

    "Thanks Yamaguchi."

    After that, Kiyoko walked her way back to her home.

    Once Kiyoko got home, she knowticed her older brother was home. She knew he would want her to keep her hair as it is so she put the bag with the hair day box in her school bag, which she used as a purse, & walked inside.

    "Hey Kiyoko! I see you're home from school," said the older Shimizu.

    "Yeah. I had some manager stuff to do. I didn't realise it would take so long. Sorry for not informing you earlier."

    "Hey, it's fine sis. You have your responsibilities. Do you have much homework?"

    "Yeah. It'll last me a while so I may not be able to come out of my room for a while &-."

    "I shouldn't disturb you. I know, I know. You should get to it before dinner though."

    "Alright. See you later."

    After that, Kiyoko walked into her room & locked her door. Then, she walked into her bathroom that was connected to her room. She set the box on her counter & set to work with the bleach.

    After about four hours, & mulitple rounds of bleach, it was done. Shimizu Kiyoko now officially had blue hair. She also realised that she didn't know how to explain this to her brother. She settled with playing dumb.

    "Kiyoko, dinner's ready."

    "Coming."

    The girl then made her way down the steps at a normal pace. She also walked normally into the kitchen.

    "Kiyoko! What did you do to your hair?!," said the older boy.

    "What do you mean?"

    "I mean that you dyed it blue! Weren't you happy with how it was before?!"

    "I don't know what you mean. It still looks black to me."

    Kiyoko then proceded to sit down & start eating while her brother was still in shock. Although inside, Kiyoko thought it was the funniest thing.

    After a couple of minutes her brother finally sat down & started eating, although he wasn't completely out of shock just yet.

    "How was your day?," asked Kiyoko, trying to break the silence.

    "It was alright."

    It wasn't very long before Mr. Shimizu came home to his two kids. When he walked into the dining room, he gave a nod to his kids, took a plate of dinner, & left the room. This wasn't uncommon. Mr. Shimizu always has extra work to do in his office, so he goes there to get it done while he has his dinner.

    "I wonder if he will actually ever eat with us," said the older boy.

    "Probably not. He always has too much work to do," said Kiyoko.

    "You're right. All we can do to support him is do chores & make the meals & stay out if his way."

    "I'm pretty sure it's my turn to do the dishes."

    "Right. Hey, can I ask you something?"

    "Sure, what is it?"

    "When are you gonna get a boyfriend?"

    "Or girlfriend," Kiyoko added on.

    "Yeah yeah. So when is that going to happen?"

    "Not any time soon. I have school & manager's work to worry about."

    "Right. Welp, a brother can dream."

    Kiyoko smiled.

    "Yeah ok big brother."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welp, Kiyoko has blue hair now I guess. Not gonna lie, I wasn't mentally stable when I was writing the end of this chapter so I gave Kiyoko & her brother daddy issues. This is why we can't have nice things. Anywho, I'm failing English class just because I didn't join a zoom call that was mandatory. Like, I'm sorry that I actually want to get my work turned in & not waste time on a call that I'm not allowed to do my work on. I just wanna get back into my actual classes instead of this shit. Anywho, I need to go drink water & you should get some water too.

- Big Sibling Authour