Chapter 1 - Joining

Ash and Pikachu landed with a thump at the Isle of Armour. He had been betrayed. After the Alola league. Only Pikachu, Infernape, Donphan, Oshawott, and Pidgeotto had stayed with him. Oh, and Charizard.

"You're angry." came a quiet voice. "You're angry for the world betraying you, and thinking you put Oak in a coma. But in reality, it wasn't you. However Ash Ketchum, life isn't fair. What you have been living is a lie, a fairy tale."

"Who are you?" Ash asked, looking up. 

"They call me Inori. But you know me as Gladion. I lead a "criminal" organization called Neo-Genesis."

Ash looked up.

Gladion didn't look like what Ash had known him to look like. 

A Jet black hood was thrown over his head, with two curved lime green eyes being all visible in the blackness. His cloak was white, with a purple symbol with black outlines showing a Triangle with a circle inside it, with a line going through. One hand was covered in brilliant white light, the other in darkness.  He wore total black bar that, and held a white staff with a golden crystal at the top in his hand. 

"I put Oak in a coma." said Gladion, his eyes still not blinking. 

Ash got up, flared azure aura, and used a mini-version of Aura - enfused Max knuckle. And now, 75 centimetres from Gladion, it was hit with a wall of light, breaking his fingers. Gladion gave a curt smile. 

"I am the only one in Neo-Genesis who doesn't have aura, instead I can manipulate light and dark. It's odd.......but my hands explain it. So." he said, offering his hand.

"Will you join Neo-Genesis?"

Ash thought.

"Yes."