Chapter 2

*Ethan's POV*

I was just chilling in the shop, waiting for customers when I looked at the clock.

5:34 pm.

It's about time that the tall hot guy from the tattoo shop should be coming over to get some supplies. As soon as I finished the thought, I heard a jingle as the front door fluttered open.

I looked up to see a smiling handsome guy walk in. He had his curly black hair tied back in a ponytail with some falling out in the front, back and all around the sides.

"Hello, welcome to Marie's! What can I do for ya today?"

"Hey. I- um- can you show me where the chamomile tea is?"

Was he blushing? I felt my face flush hot. Was I blushing?!? Ok but this dude knows full well where the tea is but ok...

"Right this way!" I walked to the far left of the shop to where all the tea is lined up on shelves. I picked out his usual chamomile vanilla honey tea and handed him a box. "Here you go!.

"Th- thanks." He looked down at his hands holding the box of tea.

I started towards the front of the store but before I could get there he said, "Hey you know,"

I stopped and turned around, waiting for him to finish his thought.

"I come here a lot, and- you know I- well..." he trailed off, looking down and fiddling with the box of tea.

I was confused and when he noticed that I was looking up at him, his cheeks started to flush red and I felt mine do the same.

He started up again, "Well I was thinking we- we could maybe- go- go out on a date?"

I stood there for about 0.2 seconds before he started rapidly apologizing and blushing even more.

"S- sorry i- I just thought- I don't even know anymore..." he chuckled to himself as he started to set the tea down and walk away.

"No it's ok. Really. I'm just..." i didn't know what to say. We had never really talked and I haven't ever been in a relationship before, let alone go on a date, let alone be asked on a date.

He turned and looked at me, a glimmer of hope flashing in his eyes.

"Yeah- yeah that would be nice!" I said, twisting my finger in my hair.

He smiled, and said "Ok well, here..."

He handed me a small folded piece of paper from his pocket and then waved and walked out before I could respond. I stood there for a moment before opening the paper to see a phone number written out in neat handwriting that read Mark next to it.

*Mark's POV*

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ahh oh my god I can't believe I just did that. As soon as I got to my car I sat down and pulled out my phone to text my group chat consisting of Seán, and my friends Bob and Wade.

Me: guys guess what?

Wade: chicken butt?

Seán: what?

Bob: wade no but mark what?

Me: I just asked out the really cute boy from the flower shop and he said yes

Seán: WHAT REALLY ARE YOU SERIOUS

Wade: HSISJSISJSHIEHDIDKADJFIWISHS

Bob: OOH YAY IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU

Me: ok I just wanted to let you guys know bc idk when or what we're doing so I'm gonna take a shower and see if he texts me

Me: bye guys

I shut off my phone and drove home. When I reached my appartement complex, I walked up to my room and opened the door. I was immediately greeted by a golden retriever who was violently wagging her tail to the point where her butt was moving back and forth.

"HI CHICAAA!! HOW HAS YOUR DAY BEEN"

She jumped up onto my chest and started to lick my face as I bent down to pet her. When she finally settled down I felt a buzz in my pocket.

My heart skipped a beat at the words on my screen.

Unknown number: Hey mark! This is ethan from the flower shop. I just wanted to let you know that I'm free tomorrow anytime! We could go get boba or something? If your free...

My instinct was to instantly click and respond but my "cool guy senses" told me to wait at least a minute before opening the text and responding.

I set down my phone and took a deep breath.

...

I picked up my phone and looked at the text on my notification bar.

13 seconds ago

SERIOUSLY ITS ONLY BEEN 13 SECONDS?!? Fuck it. I'm responding now.

Me: oh hey ethan! This is mark. Obviously.

No. That's stupid. I erased it.

Me: Hi ethan! Yes this is mark and I

No. Also stupid goddammit. I erased it.

Me: Hi ethan! I'm free tomorrow anytime as well! Boba sounds great! How about at 11:30?

Sent

I took a deep breath. I got a glass of water and walked over to pat Chica as I waited for a response.

BZ BZ BZZZT

I felt the buzz in my pocket and my adrenaline grew. I looked at the phone to see a message from wade in the group chat.

Wade: I hope it goes well! Make sure to send me lots of pictures!

I- ok wade. I chuckled to myself. He sounded like my mom.

BZ BZ BZZZT

This time the message was from ethan.

Ethan: 11:30 sounds great! Would we be meeting at the boba place or what would we be doing?

Me: I could pick you up?

What the hell was i thinking he's not gonna say yes to that-

Ethan: sure sounds good! Here's my address.

I saw his message followed by a link to google maps. I pulled up the page and saw that his house was only a 7 minute drive from here. Not surprising considering the fact that we work across the street from each other.

Me: Ok! See you tomorrow at 11:30?

Ethan: see you tomorrow at 11:30.

I shut off my phone and took a deep breath. I looked over to the clock and it read 6:27 pm. Not too late but I should pick out an outfit for tomorrow and get mentally prepared for this.

(A/N) ok so I know things are going pretty fast in terms of the boys thinking of each other as romantic interests but I have B I G plans so shh :))))