"Take a picture Rem, it'll last longer" Sirius breathed into my neck before sitting down next to me and flashing me a wink that caused my breath to hitch. He knew what he was doing. He always knew exactly what he was doing.

Breakfast that morning went by quickly. I suppose the lead up to Christmas was always slow until it was finally here and then you blinked and it was new years.

I found myself back in the common room, curled up by the pleasant fire, book in hand when I was interrupted by a rather loud laugh of Sirius as he came bombarding into the room and threw himself onto my lap before continuing to laugh hysterically.

I watched him for a moment, not bothering to question his interruption. Had it been anyone else I wouldn't have cared for the interference but with Sirius I didn't mind. His deep, echoing chuckles were practically contagious and the way he threw his head back gave me a full view of his chiseled jaw and perfect neck.

His angelic laughs were mesmerizing, so comforting and safe without the intention of being so. I loved it. I love him.

"Any particular reason you're practically about to piss yourself Padfoot?" I chuckled as Sirius began to calm down slightly.

"I accidentally.. maybe, sort of" The memory of whatever had just happened glazed back over his eyes and he doubled over once again, thriving on top of me, fighting tears.

"Spit it out Sirius" I stated plainly faying boredom, when in reality I could have watched this beautiful sight for hours.

"I may have transfigured Snape into a cat" he said between heavy breaths before erupting into uncontrollable laughter once again.

"You what" I questioned, though honestly I wasn't in total shock, Sirius did have a tendency to take things too far. "So Severus is just wandering around as a cat?"

"Calm down Moony, McGonagall dealt with him and I ran before she saw me" He responded nonchalantly as if he hadn't just done something that would get him a month of detention. "Minne won't mind anyway, the slimy git had it coming" He practically spat.

"And do tell, what did Snape do to deserve being turned into a feline?" My voice wavered slightly as when I began to speak Sirius removed himself from my lap and plonked down next to me, ruffling his sweet smelling locks in my face.

"It doesn't matter, but trust me he got what he deserved" He spoke quietly, attempting to conceal the anger in his tone. Sirius grabbed my book that had since dropped onto the floor and began to flick through before looking over at me. "Read to me?"

"Not so fast you git, tell me why you turned Snape into a bloody cat?" I punched him playfully in the arm and shuddered slightly at the connection.

"I doesn't matter Rem" He sighed

"Please Sirius, you're worrying me" I knew the use of his real name would melt his exterior.

"Fine." He huffed knowing full well I would have gotten my own way regardless. "He was..he said um, he called you a freak" he gulped down the lump in his throat. "Because of your scars" he finished.

I didn't mind the mention of my scars, they were hard to miss and quite frankly I thought they added to my charm, or lack thereof. The comments always seemed to upset Sirius noticeably more than the rest of us.

"I've told you to ignore him Padfoot, If he reports you then you're going to be in detention for weeks" I smiled sympathetically at Sirius and his situation.

"It's worth it. For you it's always worth it" He spoke quietly and his tone was mellow but his sentiment didn't go unnoticed as it warmed my insides slightly. "Now read to me?"