"Yes, he was always a bit tight with his emotions." Before you could inquire what Phil meant, he stood from his spot and turned to open the door leading outside. As soon as the barrier to the outside was opened, the cold poured in and caused you to flinch.

"I'm going to visit the town for some supplies, you two can stay here until I return." Phil shrugged on his long green coat, hiding his sleek black wings from sight.

"I'll stay with Ranboo and rest for a little bit. Thank you for allowing us to stay for so long." You got up from your own spot, bowing slightly from habit picked up from the Nether. Forcing yourself to stand up, you awkwardly smiled.

Phil smiled in return, quirking a brow at your strange little habit. "I won't be too long, take care of yourself."

And with that, the door closed behind him, sealing the warmth inside once more.

Silence settled around the house, the crackling of a nearby fire soothing the atmosphere. You let out a sigh while melting onto the table, relaxing yourself and your sore body. Ranboo also relaxed a bit, slouching over the table while keeping his head up with his hands. The quiet was welcomed by both of you.

You knew that Phil would be gone for a few days; so as you waited for his return, you and Ranboo exchanged tales of each other's journey. He spoke of how Phil had found him in the rain after spending days upon days of wandering the old forests, only to be trapped under the entrance of a deep cave when the rain unexpectedly began pouring.

Phil had been passing by while heading to a nearby lake to do some fishing when his keen eyes picked up Ranboo's glowing eyes staring at him in the shadows of the cave. It was there that Phil used his wings to walk Ranboo all the way back to his cabin to rest, rescuing him from the three day storm that kept him trapped.

Ranboo was invested in your story as you told him of the blistering heat of the Nether and the residents who called the realm home. Creatures with great build, battle ready for any war to come. He was quite excited to hear about how your flaming dislike for the king was easily melted over time, teasing you about how Phil might be right after all.

Each day you awaited Phil, the more you felt something was wrong. While tending to Phil's small fields of potatoes and collecting the last bit of the plant through the light snow and nearly frozen ground, you could hear the nature outside would get quieter everyday. Winter birds and animals getting quieter and less frequent, leaving nothing but the eerie silence of winter behind.

One particular morning, you and Ranboo sat together as usual, drinking some tea to warm yourselves from the winter chill while you ate a warm meal Ranboo had made. Through his time here he had picked up many more recipes from Phil and was more confident in his cooking than before. The fire was burning on its last few embers and would burn for hours more, however you would have to go back in the snow and collect more wood you had chopped. At that moment though you were too comfortable in the warm cabin, so the warm drink would suffice for now.

"So, Ranboo." He opened his eyes slightly to look over at you, lazy red and green glowing as usual. "What do you think of Philza?"

"He's been really nice to me. And his patience is something I'm always surprised with." The hybrid drummed his fingers on the table, trying to word his feelings while digging through the small notebook he had in his pocket. His memory book. "He never asks me questions I'm not comfortable with, and has some of the most exciting stories I've ever heard. Did you know he built a whole floating island at one point in his life?"

"I do remember that story, he's told me many times. Has he told you of his close call with the baby zombie?" You asked, remembering Phil's scared face whenever he encountered one. Judging by Ranboo's face, he hadn't been told yet. That would soon change.