S3 E2: Nature VS Nurture

Start from the beginning

I knocked on his door, anxiously, and it swung open to reveal the one and only Mr. Moore. "Hi, sir. Is Vinnie here?" I asked.

"Hey, Camila," Mr. Moore smiled. "Yeah, let me just--"

"Cam!" when I tell you this boy swept me off my feet, I mean he literally lifted my body from the ground. The force made us both fall back on to the grass, but I didn't care. The wind was knocked out of my body, but somehow, I was still laughing, and smiling.

"I need a drink," Mr. Moore laughed, before going back inside.

"I'm sorry," I told him, as he still laid on top of me. I played with his hair, when I wrapped my arms around his neck. This would have been awkward if we weren't so infatuated in each other's eyes at the moment.

"You have nothing to be sorry for," he whispered. "You were hurting. I just wish you could have let me in," he replied.

"I wish I had. It would have made things a lot easier. I just didn't want to burden you," I frowned.

"You couldn't ever be a burden to me, Camila Diaz." he held my side, one hand on my left hip. He stood up, sadly, and helped me up off the ground. "So, Miguel is awake?"

"Yeah," I grinned.

"I'm glad," he said. "I'll go see him, later,"

"I'll come," I said. "He's been listening to me talk about you for two weeks, and I don't want him to expose me," I told him. "Like I just exposed myself." Vinnie chuckled.

"You talked about me?" he asked. I blushed. "Cute,"

Something made me look at him for a little longer. I smiled, and wrapped my arms around his neck, kissing him hard. Vinnie immediately kissed back, making me weak in the knees.

"Sorry," I said, when we pulled away. "I just... really missed you,"

"Yeah, on second thought, I don't forgive you for not talking to me," he said. I frowned. "But I will forgive you if you kiss me again," he smirked. I shook my head with a smile, kissing him anyway.

*

"So he can't walk at all?" Vinnie asked me, as soon as I hung up the phone with my mom. I shook my head.

"She doesn't think we should go up to the hospital today. Miguel just wants to be alone," I sighed. Vinnie hummed. We were cuddled up in his bed. I turned back to him, after plugging my phone back into the charger, and laid my head on his chest.

"He'll be alright," Vinnie assured me. "Miguel is a strong dude,"

"Yeah." I sighed again. "Hey, why don't we go to the hospital anyway? There's someone I want you to meet," I told him.

"Who?" he asked.

"My friend, Lindsay. I was spending so much time at the hospital, and she is a patient there..." I explained. Vinnie nodded.

"Okay, sounds good. Let's go. I'll drive. You look a bit shaken up from that phone call," he insisted.

"This is why I love you," I kissed his cheek. He blushed.

*

At the hospital, Lindsay was in her room, packing. I squealed with excitement when I saw her.

"Hey, girl," she chuckled.

"You're going home?!" I asked, and she nodded.

"Tomorrow morning," she said, before her eyes widened at Vinnie's presence. "Holy shit, Vincent Moore is the Vinnie?" she exclaimed.