S2 E7: Lull

Edited January 2, 2022
***

It was very hot today. Like, extremely, unhealthy to be in heat. I could have sworn I was dehydrated, and beginning to sweat out all the liquids in my body. Water wasn't even helping at this point.

Vinnie, Sam, Demetri and the others all sat together under a tree at the dojo. Even Daniel could tell we were anything but living right then.

"Oh, God. It's so hot out," Demetri said, laying his head on Sam's shoulder.

"I know," I panted. "I feel like my body has become water."

"I'm sweating in places I didn't even know had pores," Demetri added.

"Ew, gross. T.M.I, D," I said, laying on the grass. Robby had his head in his knees, and Vinnie had removed his shirt, and socks. I was left in my bathing suit top, not even caring how much skin I showed.

Besides, I'm pretty sure Robby wasn't complaining, as I watched him look at me every now and then.

"All right guys, get out from under that tree. It's time to get to work." Daniel said, as he walked over to us. We all groaned.

"Mr. LaRusso, it's like, 100 degrees out. Can't we take it easy today?" Robby asked.

"Seriously, I think I'm starting to see things," I added.

"Are you kidding? This heat wave is a gift. Today, you are going to experience Shochu-Geiko," Daniel instructed.

"Like the car insurance?" Chris and I said together. I fist bumped him.

"Shochu-Geiko is a Japanese exercise where you train during the hottest days of the year. It's about pushing yourself to your limit. The fight isn't always gonna comer when it's 75 degrees and breezy," Daniel said.

"Aren't we supposed to avoid fighting?" Sam asked.

"Sometimes you can't. Someday, the fight may come to you. And I wanna make sure you're ready. So, today, we're gonna see what Miyagi-Do karate is made of." Daniel finished.

*

Eleven of us stood in a circle on the sand, while one person was in the middle. Right now, it was Robby, shirtless, in a fighting position. We were all given a number, my own being 10, and we waited for Daniel to shout them out. When he did, we would fight.

"Two!" Daniel called, and Two began to fight, Robby easily defending himself.

"Five!" Daniel called Sam's number.

I watched the fight play out, Robby going extra easy on her, making me furrow my eyebrows. "Got you," Sam said, when she kicked his chest.

"All right, Demetri's turn. Come on, Demetri, get in there," Daniel ordered. Demetri walked over, switching places with Robby.

"Three!" Daniel yelled, it being Chris, who was able to take Demetri out easily.

"Sorry, Meat. You gotta block that," Chris said.

"Six!" another boy was in the middle, taking Demetri out as well. I held the bridge of my nose.

"Aw. I hate this!" Demetri grunted.

"All right, come on, get up!" Daniel said. "Camila, get in the middle," I did. "Eleven!" I immediately turned to Vinnie, blocking his punch, and kicking his leg out from under him. He landed in a split.

"Holy shit, Ballerina," I gasped, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah," he strained, his hand reaching for his...area.