S2 E6: Take A Right

Edited January 2, 2022

***
Mr. LaRusso was still beside himself about the dojo. Who could blame him? We worked hard on that dojo. I was disappointed in Cobra Kai. I hadn't spoken to my brother for a few days now, and I didn't plan on it.

I know that siblings shouldn't fight. But my brother, being the way he has been for a few months now, it just infuriated me. I couldn't believe the man he was becoming. I always thought my brother would be there to protect me. Honestly, it's kind of sad that I need to learn how to protect myself. If karate wasn't my favorite thing in the world, let's just say, I would never tell Miguel when someone messed with me.

I hate to admit it. But I'm afraid of my brother.

Vincent was beside me, as the five of us; Sam, Robby, Demetri, Vinnie, and myself--attempted to lift the giant stone from the ground.

We grunted as we lifted, and when I stopped lifting, getting caught in my thoughts, Vinnie brought me back to reality. "Hey, Cam, lift," he teased me. "It feels like I'm doing all the work here, guys,"

"Oh, shut it, Vincent, you hardly moved a muscle," Sam teased him back.

"I don't think any of us are doing anything. How the hell did they even knock it down? This shit is hurting my body," I whined.

"Hey, uh, about the other night..." I looked over at Robby as he spoke to Sam in a whisper. He isn't a very good whisperer, so whatever he was talking about, we all heard.

"Nothing happened. So... there's no reason to feel uncomfortable right?" Sam asked him. Vinnie looked between them, and looked at me, confused. I shrugged, uncomfortably. What happened?

"Right, exactly," Robby said, and we all lifted again.

"Are you guys lifting? Cause I feel like I'm doing nothing here," Demetri said, which was probably the truth, but none of them were really doing anything anyway.

"Forget it, all right? It's too heavy. We're gonna need a forklift." Robby said.

"Agreeing to what Meels said earlier--how did they even knock it over?" Sam asked. I nodded.

"It's a lot easier to knock something down than it is to lift it up," Daniel said, when he heard the group talking.

"Yeah, you can say that again," I muttered, frowning, and taking a seat on the ground. Vinnie sat beside me. What Daniel had just said-- that was exactly what Miguel had done to me. He'd knocked me down, and now I can't be lifted back up. I don't know how much more disappointment, and sadness I can take. It's all becoming too much.

"Don't worry, we'll get it up again," Daniel said.

"Mr. Father Figure," I joked, "do you think maybe I could take the day off? I'm not feeling very well," I sighed. Daniel looked over at me, and gave me a small nod.

"Feel better, sweetie," he said. I felt warm inside. He'd only called me that once before, and it's different, but comforting.

"Thanks, Dad," I mumbled.

"Uh.... excuse me? Is this Miyagi-Do?" Chris asked, when he walked in the yard. I was shocked. He was with Cobra Kai. Why would he be here?

"Yeah," Daniel said.

"Come back for another beating?" Robby asked, getting up and angrily walking toward them.

"Robby! Robby!" Daniel yelled, stopping him. I gave my boyfriend a look of disapproval, and his glare softened.

"This is one of the guys who was beating on Demetri," Robby exclaimed, to which Daniel looked at Chris and about four other guys from Cobra Kai. "They probably helped trash the dojo!"