S1 E7: All Valley

REREAD FOR MORE INFO ON CAMILA'S ACCIDENT. 

Edited January 1, 2022

***

For the next couple of days, Robby and I took everything we learned from Mr. LaRusso, and practiced day and night. It was odd, the way he was teaching us. Instead of karate, I was learning how to wash car windows, and paint fences. I honestly thought he was just messing with us, but sure enough, I was wrong. By the time we'd mastered every thing he'd taught us, we were able to block. Block kicks, punches... 

Miguel had been wondering where I'd been, and I'd just tell him that I've been working. I have. But I've also been learning karate. And oddly, I really enjoyed it. It was calming

Apparently, all of my friends aside from Demetri and Sam, are joining Cobra Kai. Eli, my sweet, innocent, little Eli...he now goes by Hawk. And if I'm honest, I'm not liking how scary they're all becoming. Like if I were to approach them, they'd kick my ass. 

Aisha joined Cobra Kai, too. And now, the Cobra Kai kids are the only people Miguel has time for anymore. It makes me feel so lonely. I hadn't even known that Miguel was asking Sam out on a date. It's like, ever since I started working, and ever since Cobra Kai got a lot of new recruits, I've been out of the loop. 

Anyway, my job is really helping mama out. She tells me that I don't need to be working. But it keeps me out of trouble. And it makes me feel needed. After all, Miguel doesn't need me to defend him anymore. He can handle that himself. 

He seems to praise Johnny, as if he's our father. But I see Mr. LaRusso as more of a father. Although, I'd never admit it. 

Since my accident, Miguel would ask me how I'm doing, up until now. He hasn't asked me in a few months actually. I think he forgot. He's too caught up in karate to notice his own twin sister anymore. 

I think I was thinking for too long, because Mr. LaRusso asked me if I needed to take a personal day. 

"No, I...yeah. Mr. LaRusso, I think I do need a personal day. Is that all right?" I asked. 

"Of course. Maybe...you want to try something first?" 

"Okay," I nodded. 

"How's it going?" Mr. LaRusso said, coming into the little room filled with Bonzai trees. Robby was in there with me, and we exchanged looks, both of us not understanding the point. 

"I'm sorry, I suck at this," Robby replied. 

"Yeah, me too," I shrugged. 

"I don't know what I'm doing--" Robby stuttered. 

"I just.. don't get it," I was being straightforward. 

"Don't worry." Mr. LaRusso said. "I didn't get it either at first. Mr. Miyagi had to teach me," 

"Mr. Miyagi. That's the dude who taught you kata, right?" Robby asked. 

"Yeah. He was a...pretty special dude. He taught me a lot. And what you've gotta do is close your eyes, get everything out of your head. The only thing you can see is the tree. Think only the tree. Then, you visualize what you want the tree to look like, and you make it happen. That's it." Mr. LaRusso explained. I closed my eyes. 

 I tried my hardest to clear my head, I really did. But everything just caught up to me. My brother, not making any time for me. My friends, changing. Myself, almost dying. 

Robby seemed to be doing fine. "There you go," Mr. LaRusso said to him. 

"I can't clear my head," I said. I clenched my eyes shut.