"he was one of his friends," i replied, looking down at the surprisingly not entirely nasty airport floor.

"who?"

"waterfall."

"oh," chaeryeong bit her lip. "you never heard back from him, huh."

"basically yeah," i mumbled, still looking down. "i just see him on instagram and with whatever stories and posts he puts up."

"doesn't he play basketball for snu?" chaeryeong questioned. "he seems popular based off his profile. basketball players are probably really popular there."

"i think so," i said quietly. 

"then won't you see him? you're on a basketball scholarship too," chaeryeong pointed out.

i shrugged my shoulders slightly. "depends. i don't know if guy and girl basketball practices run at similar times. even so, it'd be weird. i've been so focused on building up my youtube channel and practicing basketball that i haven't really known what he's doing. what if he has a girlfriend by now?"

"true," my friend nodded. " but isn't he friends with younghoon and hyunjae?" chaeryeong asked. 

"kind of," i sat up straight. "they don't really hang out or do much together. none of them major in the same things anyway. younghoon and hyunjae dorm together though, so that's why they have drifted apart."

"thank god we don't have to live in the dorms," chaeryeong sighed happily. "nothing like sharing an apartment with your childhood best friends."

"and your brother," i fake-gagged.

"yah, lee seohyun!"

chaeryeong and i whipped around to see hyunjae wearing a fake glare on his face, along with a surprising addition.

"younghoon!" i squealed, running towards him and hugging him.

"missed you too seohyun," younghoon hugged me back, ruffling my hair as we let go.

"woww, seohyun," hyunjae rolled his eyes. "hugging your brother's best friend right in front of him?"

"shut up hyunjae," i retorted, walking towards him and hugging him. 

"missed you too you little shit," hyunjae hugged me back. "now, are you two ready to head to your new home?"

"yes let's go!" chaeryeong exclaimed.

"ew, you sound like a fucking wackass tour guide, jae," i snorted.

younghoon laughed. "honestly, i agree."

"shut up you two bitch asses," hyunjae grumbled as the four of us walked out of the airport. 

the four of us stood awkwardly outside of the airport terminal on the sidewalk, watching all the cars go past. eventually, hyunjae managed to call a taxi over to the four of us, and after loading up our luggage and telling the driver our destination, we piled into the cab with younghoon sitting in the front. 

"just this once, lee chaeryeong, did i decide to be courteous and get a cab instead of having us ride the subway," hyunjae said as we drove off. 

"thanks," chaeryeong answered.