"i'm lee seohyun," i introduced myself. "this is my best friend, lee chaeryeong," i continued as chaeryeong waved. "you?"

"i'm kim sunmi," the girl smiled. "nice to meet you. fellow koreans, i assume?"

"you got that right."

sunmi actually turned out to be sitting next to us on the plane, and the three of us managed to have a very engaging conversation. 

"and that's how i became ambidextrous," sunmi said making us laugh.

"breaking your wrist, hand, and arm, all in the span of five years is truly a story," i laughed. "especially since it's your dominant side."

"it was definitely an adventure," sunmi smiled. "oh, and by the way, i love your necklace!"

"thanks," i smiled sadly, holding the small waterfall charm in between my fingers.

"i actually have the same one," sunmi pulled out the same exact charm from beneath her shirt. seeing my shocked expression, she explained it quickly. "my older brother came here on a trip with some friends once, and him and one of his friends both bought this to give to another person. my brother gave it to me, but he won't tell me who his friend gave it to. must be special."

"that's so cute," i smiled. "wait, why were you here?"

"i'm actually just heading to korea for vacation," she said. "i'm going to uni in japan, and for some reason there were zero direct flights left from japan to korea so i had to take a slight detour."

"ooh."

after a little while longer of us talking, the plane suddenly began to lower itself. we were finally in korea!

once we landed, we got off the plane and quickly found our way around and got through immigration. after all that was done, we headed over to the luggage belts and found our respective suitcases, duffels, and other bags. after that, we walked out of the gates and to the arrival section, as chaeryeong and i attempted to find hyunjae and sunmi tried to find her brother. 

"oh wait, sunmi, before this is over, could i get your instagram?" i asked. 

"definitely!" the three of us then proceeded to take our phones out and exchange instagram's and social media usernames. 

"yay!" sunmi exclaimed. "see you! we should meet up before i leave."

"definitely!" i smiled. 

"yah, kim sunmi!" 

the three of us turned around to see someone calling out to sunmi, who seemed to be her older brother. he walked over to us and as i got closer, i began to notice something.

"sunwoo?" my eyes widened at the face i had seen just over a year ago.

"wait, seohyun?" sunwoo replied, equally shocked as i was. "what are you doing here?"

"i'm going to uni here," i answered. "wait, sunmi, this is your older brother?"

"the two of you know each other?" both chaeryeong and sunmi asked.

"it's a long story," i sighed. 

"mhmm," the boy nodded. "anywho, we need to get going kim sunmi."

"okay," sunmi began to walk. "bye!"

"bye sunmi!" chaeryeong and i chorused.

"bye sunwoo," i added, making the boy laugh.

"bye seohyun," he grinned. "nice necklace by the way."

*

"how do you know sunmi's brother?" chaeryeong asked as we sat down, waiting for hyunjae.