Twenty-Seven: Beach Day

(A few weeks later)

(Colby pov)

"Mia!" I call as I walked downstairs to see her sitting on the couch, watching her phone.

"Okay, so you're going to cut it with— Yep, and then you're going to use the ten blade on that," Mia said. "Are you all right now?"

"Thank you Doctor."

"No worries, Jamie. It's a good day to save a life, now, save that patient." She said. "Goodbye." She hung up and then looks up at me.

"Hey, get changed, we're going to the beach today," I said to Mia, grinning.

"Sorry?" Mia replies as I walk over, smirking at her. "Where are we going?"

"The beach, let's go have a fun day out," I said, sitting on the couch beside Mia, she hums before rolling herself so she could put herself on my lap.

"The beach?" Mia repeated, I held her waist as I admired her sitting on my lap like this, she was so gorgeous.

"Yeah, I thought maybe we could go out, have some lunch..." I rub her thigh as I watched my hand, "and then we can go to the beach and be dumb kids for the day?" I look back up and Mia was smiling at me.

"Only..." she said shifting before wrapping her arms loosely round my neck. "If I get a kiss." I grinned as I nod, Mia smiled at me as she leans down and met her lips with mine.

-

(Mia POV)

I crossed my arms, looking at myself in the mirror, was this swimsuit okay? What do I wear over it so we can go out for lunch?

"Babe-" Colby stops and stared at me, I slowly turn around and put my hands on my hips.

"Is this okay?" I ask him worriedly. "I don't swim often, so I don't know if this is good or not."

"Wow," Colby blinks a few times before looking at me, I found that I could keep longer eye contact with Colby than anyone else. "You look so good— holy — damn." It made me laugh, him choking on his words like that.

"Thank you, Colby," I said to him.

"Now..." he walked up to me, sliding his hands on to my waist as he slowly guides me to himself. "For lunch, we're just going to a local like bakery, since they're quieter, then if you want... we can get something for you so the screaming children don't trigger you?"

"I think... from being in a relationship with you, Colby, that I'll be fine at the beach," he glared at me as I grinned at him.

"You're mean to me," he whispered as I giggled while I lean back so he couldn't kiss me.

He leans forward and held my back before wrapping his arm around me and kissed me on the cheek; my face was scrunched up as I giggled, then his lips went down from my cheek on to my neck.

"Colby!" I gasped, smiling before it stopped as I fluttered my eyes closed, enjoying the feeling while a flush of heat goes through my body.

-

"I'm feeling for a change, Mr Brock," I told Colby while we walked down the street together.

"What change is that, Miss Emrani Berry?" Colby questions.

"My hair," he stops and looks at me, "I don't know what yet, calm down," Colby smiles.

"Are we thinking like cutting it or dyeing it?" Colby asked me curiously.

"I think cutting it," I told him, "get the ash redone or something like that."

"Sounds good to me," Colby said.