Three: Trivia and the quiet library

(Mia POV)

I fix my button-up in the mirror as I got ready for today, my phone buzzes so I check it. I smile at the contact name, it was my brother, thank god.

Aryia: Hey little sis, how's school going?

Good, how about you, Aryia?

Aryia: Wish it was better, this sucks.

Aw, wish I could help.

Aryia: I miss you, little one.

I miss you too, Aryia... but you know how things are.

Aryia: I know, I wish dad wasn't such a prick.

Trust me, you're not the only one.

"Mia! Who are you talking to!" Dad shouts so I changed Aryia's name quickly to Arianna.

"Just a classmate from school!" I shout back before looking down at my phone again.

Arianna: What's wrong? Has he been bad again?

You could... say that.

Arianna: Do you want me to come down there and see you? I can fly to Kansas and get you.

Hey, I'm fine, Aryia

"Mia! You're going to be late!" My dad roars from the kitchen, I put my phone into my pocket and left the bathroom.

"Bye, Dad," I grabbed my bag and smile before fixing my key around my neck.

"Hold it," I stop and look at him, his eyes creepily scanned my body "why are you prettied up?" He growls.

"I needed to or they will see," I told him with a slight shake in my voice before seeing him nodding his head in approval. "Bye Dad," I repeat before leaving the apartment to go to school.

-

Math

"Can anyone tell me what this mathematical equation equals?" The teacher asks the class, I knew she wanted me to answer but I didn't say a word. "Anyone?"

"1082 to the power of 3," I sighed and the teacher grins in approval.

"Very good," she replies as she wrote the number down.

-

Science- Chemistry

"What do the cells of the body together form?" The teacher questions and I rose my hand up, "Mia? Do you have an answer for me?"

"Tissues."

"Good, what are the main differences between eukaryotic and prokaryotic cells?" She quizzes and I rose my hand up again, "Mia, shoot."

"Eukaryotic which means to have a nucleus and nuclear membrane which covers most living organisms," I answered and she nods, "Prokaryotic as well, to have no distinct nucleus and nuclear membrane which is found primarily in bacteria, and occasionally fungi." She nods and grins.