I promise I'm ok mama

Start from the beginning

So I just turn to him unaffected, "So they announce a big Christmas dinner party but you're planning your own tonight?" I raise my eyebrows, "what a bad boy," I say in a mocking tone. He chuckles and takes another swing of vodka, "you won't wanna miss this one," he adds next to my ear, "I guess you have to wait and you if I show up," I don't look back at him I just walk away. I don't know where that sudden flush of confidence came but I liked it.

I decide to not go back to the group instead I walk towards the front of the school and towards the forest, I want to see this area before it gets covered by snow, I put one headphone in and shuffle one of playlists, Shawn Mendes, it'll do.

I can sense the barrier before I walk all the way over to it, I lay my hand on it, and a blue color sprints to show the barrier clearer. I step past it with ease until I hear something behind me, automatically one of my hands is turned up with a flame ready, almost as if it's second nature. I like this instinct, but I think back to this time last year, I didn't even know magic was real.

I turn around to see Sky jogging my way, and my head falls back in relief that I wasn't under attack, I just stand there looking at him as he catches up with me.

"You need something Blondie?" I ask with a smile, his hands go rest in his pocket, and he moves a few steps in front of me, walking backwards to look at me while we talk, "That depends, where are you going and why?" he questions.

"Just on a little walk, wanted to see the forest before it got covered in snow," I explain simply, he doesn't answer he just walks by my side and I take out my earphone out of respect. When we get to a little clearing I get out my phone and go to my contacts, he looks over my shoulder and I turn around with a finger on my lip telling him to be quiet.

His hands immediately go up into a defense position, I select my mum's contact and let a few rings go past.

"Ana darling! We've been waiting for a call!" she exclaims from the other side of the phone, "I've missed you too ma" I smile to the phone and and all I get is an "awwwww" and a baby pouty face from Sky, he just gets a smack in the shoulder which causes us both to burst out into laughter.

"Are you ok darling, what's going on? Is there a boy with you?" she asks in an accusingly sarcastic tone, and I quickly reply, "It's one of my roommate's boyfriend, I bumped into him while on a walk,". I go to sit on the ground in front of one of the trees, Sky follow shortly after.

"Hi Mrs Anastasia's mum!" he says snatching the phone, I try to get it back but he lift it above his head and stands up quickly. I jump and try to push his arm down, his smile only gets bigger as he watches me fail.

"Yes, I'm having a lovely day, and yes I can assure you're daughter is behaving fantastically," he talks to the phone I just shake my head at him and punch him in the chest, he fakes being really hurt and passes me the phone. I sit back down in front of the tree and talk to my parents for a while, my sister even ran to the phone when she heard I was with a boy.

"Hi Ana's little sister!" He announces, and I look his way asking for a little privacy especially now that he called me my families nickname, he abides and walks a few trees away.

"Sorry ma, he's gone now, I miss you all so much but I should really get going back," I say and she tells me she loves me more than anything and anyone in the world and asks me if I'm sure I'm ok like 50 times, "I promise I'm ok mama, I love you," I end the call before she can get in another word.

"Well your mama is very talkative," Sky says as we head back towards the school, he's trying to mock me about calling my mum, mama.

"Why did you follow me out here?" I ask chancing the subject hoping he'll forget.

"Why didn't you tell me you had a sister?" he asks challenging me, "Well I asked first," I poke his arm.

"Fine," he playfully rolls his eyes, "we're actually not meant to go past the barrier, like that is a law for all the students," he says mater of factly, and I can feel the blood drain from my face, "But kids do it all the time, but at least in groups, just in case something bad happens," he continues. It's bad that I just thought he wanted to spend some more time with me, he was just making sure I don't die.

"Your turn." he points out, I sigh, "Well for one, I met you yesterday," I start, "and well, as you know I was adopted so we're not blood related, and as much as she says that we're still full sisters, I don't want to force her into something that isn't real," I explain and he nods understandingly.

"I also never met my dad," he says staring at our goal, the school already in view, " I was very very young when he died," he states but there's no time for me to say anything else as we go our separate ways in the school.

When I arrive back at the suit all the girls are running around like crazy, some half dressed, one half of Stella's hair is curled, and Terra is crying, saying something about her eyeliner, I lay down my bag on one of the sofas and ask Bloom what the hell is going on. She seems to be the only calm one here, except Musa who is trying to clam Terra down.

"They're getting ready for the party," she says flatly, so this party is going to be as big a deal as Riven initially said, "Why aren't you getting ready?" I ask genuinely interested.

"Not really my scene," she replies, lips together as she shrugs, "You guys realize it's only five right? The party doesn't start till like seven," I check, to which they all reply with a moan about how we'll still end up being late. My heart skipped a beat and then warmed at the 'we'll'- they want me to go with them.

Stella comes barging back into the sitting area, "Please help me! I've been trying to convince her to go for the past hour," I exchange eye contact with both of them quickly, but finally give into Stella's pleas.

I drag Bloom into the joint bathroom first, we calm Terra down and help her with makeup look, no wonder it wasn't working, the video she was watching was from like 2012 the quality was not just not it. Then I drag her into her and Aisha's room and force her to pick an outfit, and while she reluctantly puts on some makeup I curl her hair a little.

By the time I'm done with them I look at the time, half six, ok maybe Stella was right about how long we needed to get ready, but I'll never admit that to her. After helping Musa pick out the perfect earrings and after fighting Aisha about whether to take her notes or not, the clock hits seven and I huff tired, and fall back onto the sofa.

All the girls come out of their rooms looking stunning as always and then it hits them, "Ow my god! You've been helping us all evening and we didn't even give to you time to get ready!" Terra says devastated, and when I try to assure them that's all ok and that I'll go to the next party, they drag me to Stella's room to get an outfit, then the bathroom to get my make up done and then to Bloom's and Aisha's to quickly do something with my hair.

In that half an hour we laughed more then ever, and I felt more welcome with these girls than ever in my life. But by the time we're leaving the suit it's half past seven and Stella turns to us all.

"What did I say ladies? I knew we would still be late," she says laughing, "It's good to be fashionably late," I add and we all walk to where the party is being hosted, in a closed away part of the school, that kind of gives me a thrill. With it already being the beginning of December it's already pitch black outside.

Walking down the steps feels like walking into a club, well not that I've ever been in one, but it looks like an all American Tv show party. Lights, loud music and lots of alcohol, which I have no doubt in my mind that Riven supplied.

"Let's get wasted!" I scream at the top of my lungs.

So, can't wait to write some drunk content of our girl Ana, this'll be fun *does the devil plan hand movement* If you got this far post a '🍻' in the comments : ) words- 2377

Thanks for 150+ reads!