The two found themselves at the end of a long pathway, an arrangement of brick and stone leading into an empty area of land, stopping abruptly.

"Hermione, love... this isn't my mom's house," Ellie arched an eyebrow, looking up at Hermione with confusion.

"I know," Hermione winked as she began to wheel Ellie down the path, stopping just before its cutoff. "Just close your eyes."

Ellie shut her eyes as Hermione withdrew her wand and waved it at the empty area. The stillness suddenly rippled as if it were curtains being drawn.

"Open them," Hermione whispered, her tone light and excited.

Ellie opened her eyes slowly, gasping at the sight in front of her. In front of her stood a charming, single-story home surrounded by an abundance of greenery, the sunshine's rays hitting the windows lightly to reflect rainbows. Hung just above the door was a crookedly placed banner that read Welcome Home!

"Surprise!" a multitude of people yelled, popping out from a variety of hiding places, a small firework banging overhead.

Ellie smiled widely as a hearty laughter came from her, the entire atmosphere filled with happiness. All of Ellie's friends came running towards her, a few bending down awkwardly to hug her.

"Ellie!" Ron waved excitedly as he stood between George and Harry. The rest of Ellie's friends stood excitedly, some holding wrapped items.

"Hermione, can we give gifts now? Pretty please?" Ron jumped, bumping into George by accident.

"No, Ronald! Let her get settled in," Hermione scolded.

"W-What? This is amazing!" Ellie grinned, her eyes still in amazement. "I thought we were going to my mom's. By the way, whose house is this?"

Hermione hesitated for a moment as a smile grew on her face. She made her way around the wheelchair and crouched in front of her girlfriend so that they were now the same height. She placed both hands on Ellie's knees as she stared into her eyes with a serious expression.

"It's... ours," Hermione announced softly.

Ellie's mouth dropped open in shock as she glanced back at the house behind them.

"Are you joking? How are we going to pay for this? Does my mom know?" Ellie ranted worriedly.

"Ellie," Hermione cooed as she took both of Ellie's hands and held them in her own. "Your mom says it's okay. And it's already been paid for."

"By who?" Ellie questioned, scanning their knowing faces.

"By me," a blonde-haired boy answered as he stepped into view, seeming to be hiding behind others.

"D-Draco..." Ellie sighed. "You didn't have to do this. I-It's way too much. I can't accept it."

"That's too bad. Everything's already there. Granger chose it herself," Draco retorted. "Consider it a 'Welcome Home' gift."

"See, I'd hug you, but I can't really... you know..." Ellie joked, gesturing towards her legs.

Draco scoffed with a laugh as he began to walk back towards the house, motioning for the rest to follow. Hermione took the lead, pushing Ellie in front of her while her friends trailed behind closely. They stopped just before the front door as Neville stepped forward.

"Look, Ellie. Planted all these myself. Turns out those nights you let me into the greenhouses paid off," Neville claimed proudly as he gestured to the plants hanging and resting from the porch. "What do you think?"

"I love them," Ellie smiled as she gently touched one of the petals beside her. "Thank you, Neville. They look lovely."

"I want to go next! Let me go next!" Ron begged, raising his hand up in the air as if he were in class. Hermione reluctantly let him as she inconspicuously mocked his actions, earning a few snickers from the others.