31. La casa è dove si trova il cuore

Start from the beginning

"Highly unlikely." Y/n says and Dusk pouts a little. "If any of you have sense you'll sleep as much as you can on this flight. The time zone difference between Italy and us is 9 hours, Which means it will be morning when we land." Y/n says. 

"So Y/n." Thorn says and Y/n turns to her. "You still haven't said why you suddenly wanted to fly back home." 

"My reasons are my own and they will remain that way." Y/n says but Thorn's brow just furrows.

"We're travelling halfway across the world and you won't even tell us why." Thorn says back at him.

Y/n's own brow frowns now as he moves to stand in front of Thorn properly. "Let me make this clear." He leans down now so that her face is level with his own. "I did not ask you to come on this trip." His voice is low and deep. "I didn't ask any of you too. If I had my way I would have been going alone. But Mayor Nettles and her a parole board decided otherwise.  I'm not obliged to tell you a thing." He says making it clear he was not happy with the situation as he stands back up now. Thorn bit her lip in frustration. She had always regarded herself as strong willed and unfaltering but Y/n was the one person that could and would  always argue back with her and make her feel like a raft against a crashing wave at times.  

"Hey no arguing, You promised." Dusk says to Y/n now and he turns back around.

"Come on, Otherwise we'll be late." Y/n says as he starts to walk down the terminal floor and Dusk follows beside him.

"Like I always forget how intimidating Y/n can be when he's serious." Shaggy says nervously as he starts to walk. 

 The gang had all boarded the plane now as they settled into their seats

"Oh hell yeah." Dusk says as she finds out her seat is a window seat. She settles down as Y/n sits down in the middle seat beside her. He looks to his side to see that there is a vacant seat. It did not stay vacant for long however as soon a child sat down as in the seat next to Y/n and his parents sat in two seats across from them with the aisle splitting the seats.

"Hi, Hello." One of the parents says getting Y/n and Dusk's attention and they look to the side at them. "Sorry to bother you both." The mother says. "This is Peter." She says referring to the child sat next to Y/n. "He's a little nervous because today is his first ever flight so I just wanted to apologise if he cries beforehand." The mother tires to say as apologetically as possible. 

"So you're a little nervous?" Y/n asks the child and they nod their head a little. 

"I used to be scared once you know. I still am." Y/n says and the kid looks up at him. 

"Your scared mister? But your so tall and scary looking. What scares you? " The kid says and it starts to get the attention of some of the other Mystery Inc members who look back from their seat now.  

"I'm scared of lots of things." Y/n says. 

"You are?" The kid asks.

"Of course, Everyone has things they are scared of, but what's important is that we realise we are bigger than those scary things. So let's look at it this way, If it wasn't safe to fly on a plane then your parents wouldn't bring you now would they." Y/n reasons and the kid thinks for a moment. 

"Well yeah but..." The kid starts to say.

"No buts." Y/n says stopping the kid. "Here's what will happen, The plane will take off and you'll feel like you are in a race car, Then we'll be flying through the skies towards your holiday. Nothing bad will happen to you, Then you, mommy and daddy will have a great time in Italy and have lots of fun. Then when the holiday is over and you come back home you won't be scared of flying anymore you'll find it exciting and want to do it again." Y/n says to the kid.